WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Now that Guerlain has finally and officially been launched in India, here are some tips I picked from the legendary perfume and bronzer makers:
Choosing a perfume
- It is best to apply a spray.
- Never more than two fragrances at the same time; start with the lightest of the two.
- Do it in the morning or evening. The worst moment is after lunch!
* * *
- To choose your fragrance, get up early. In the morning, the nose is cooler.
- Wear clothes you feel good in to allow the consultant help you better.
- Bring small pieces of fabric: silk, cotton or flannel. This allows you to feel “at nose rested” at home.
- Take your time to feel the fragrance. If a perfume holds your attention, spray it on your skin (inside wrist).
- Take a tour and return to the perfume few hours later. You have time to tame your fragrance.
- Do not try too many perfumes. Five tests is the maximum.
- Enjoy the different concentrations. Try Eau de Toilette,or the Eau de Parfum, and if possible extract. It is more expensive but often a few drops are enough…
- Ask for test doses. When this is not possible, ask to spray the perfume that you liked on a tissue of silk or cotton.
- Choosing a perfume is personal.
- If you get compliments on your choice; stick with it.
Here is the Gueralin Ritual for applying Perfumes:
When using a pure perfume only a few drops should be applied on the pulse points in the mornings. Then the perfume remains intimate, not strong. You’ll still be able to smell the people around you; a perfume should never really be aggressive. The other points: hairline at the neck, hollow of wrists, elbows, breasts, and the navel. Perhaps the inside of the knees.
Read Full article HERE
How do you choose your perfume and which is your favourite perfume?
By rule I don’t buy my perfume at one go. I test the perfume on myself the first time , go back home and if I like the fragrance even after hours of application, only then I purchase it . My favourite perfume is David off Coolwater. And I have never applied perfume on the hollow of my knees. 😛