IMBB Sponsored Product Review
Hope all of you are enjoying your days!
We are also all set for an upcoming event – my baby will complete 2 years tomorrow, 26th March, yay! I am very weak at heart, especially when I think of Aadya. I still cherish her first look, I cannot forget her first eye contact and gestures of love, which made my life worthy. She was probably a minute old when my doctor kept her close to my heart and I literally skipped a beat. I also remember how my hubby stood by me (he was shivering and choked though) throughout. The funny part was that when our baby was born, he said “can I touch her?” and our doctor laughed out loud saying “You are a proud father, you should hold her first.” I was half sleepy, but still I laughed my lungs out. Moreover, he was so overwhelmed that he totally forgot he needed to work behind the lens. Thanks to our doctor, she clicked her first moves and saved him from punishment! Aah, enough of my sentimental talks, I have a lot to talk though.
Anyway, look at the coincidence, I always get a red lipstick for her birthday. Last year, it was from the Maybelline Colorsensational range and this time, it is the luxurious Tom Ford Lip Color. I feel immense pleasure and proud to declare that it’s my dream gift from IMBB \m/ It is another sentimental talk which I would not like to get into right now. Let me first share my favorite red lipstick from Tom Ford. Before we start with lipstick, I would like you to read about “Thomas Carlyle,” the man behind Tom Ford Brand: Thomas Carlyle. “Tom Ford is an American fashion designer and film director. He gained international fame for his turnaround of Gucci and the creation of the Tom Ford label in 2005, before directing an Oscar nominated film “A Single Man.” In their own words “Tom Ford” is the the first true luxury brand of the 21st century and places a priority on delivering the highest quality product and the greatest standard of service.” Now, Please read on further to know more about Tom Ford Cherry Lush.
$49.00 for 0.1 Oz (3 g), price excludes taxes and shipping charges.
To Tom Ford, there is no more dramatic accessory than a perfect lip. It is the focus of the face and it has the power to define a woman’s whole look. Each lip color is Tom Ford’s modern ideal of an essential makeup shade. Rare and exotic ingredients, including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil, create an ultra-creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity.
This luxury treat comes in a solid golden and black metallic packaging with TF embossed in golden. It’s a really heavy and unique, eye catching case. I can keep on staring at it’s solid heavy case for hours. It has a slight vanilla scent which is way too mild. I often fear staining it’s cult metallic case. A complete travel-friendly and classy packaging.
My Experience with Tom Ford Lip Color – Cherry Lush:
First of all, my hearty thanks to IMBB for this amazing gift, I ultimately owe my extreme happiness and this lavish treat to IMBB, cheers \m/ When I decided to go for Tom Ford, I was really confused as they have nearly 20-30 lipsticks with 2-3 shades each of red, wines, pink and neutrals. I was also thinking of an orange red shade initially, but the moment I swatched “Cherry Lush,” I had to get it.
Cherry Lush is a true blue-based vibrant red shade with hints of pink. It looks absolutely stunning on fair/medium skin tones as per my observation and experience. It has fine red shimmer which is way too mild and hardly shows up unless I swipe it more than twice. This is perfect for wedding and night outs. I know this is not the first time I got a blue-based red, but still it’s unique in it’s own way! It gives me a fresh and subtle look unlike bold reds, which is perfect for any scorching day or night out, irrespective of the occasion or season.
Talking about it’s texture, I feel it’s really a unique kind of gel-based lip color, neither it’s creamy totally nor I would call it completely glossy. It just glides on like second skin on my lips and I cannot figure out for a while if I am wearing such a deeper shade on my lips. I have tried many cream lipsticks and glossy finish lipsticks, but this Cherry Lush cannot be compared to any of them. It’s slightly different from Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick, which is intensely hydrating and moisturizing when compared to this Tom Ford lipstick.
Cherry Lush is more pigmented than Guerlain though, which gives me almost full coverage in two swipes, yet I feel so comfy while wearing it during day time. It gives a nice and subtle glossy red pink stain in the first swipe, which is good to go during day time, but I feel it may not conceal pigmented lips and patches. In two swipes, it will cover all patches and pigmented lips as well. It gives a lightweight, glossy yet creamy finish on the lips, no matter whether I swipe it 2 or 3 times on lips, that too without settling in fine lines and I feel this is what they call a luxury Tom Ford lipstick!
However, I personally feel this Tom Ford lipstick is not very hydrating on lips and I often feel the need of a lip balm beneath this lipstick which naturally decreases it’s lasting power and tends to bleed. When I say, it’s not hydrating, it does not mean that it will dry out lips or accentuate chapped lips, but the gals who love creamy finish lipsticks (like me) will definitely feel like licking their lips very often while wearing it, you know what I mean? Surprisingly, I never felt any dryness or stretchy skin even after removing it off my lips. It just feels like a semi-matte lipstick though it is way different from any typical matte/semi matte drugstore lipstick I have tried so far!
My next concern is that it sometimes bleeds from the centre of my lips which may be because of the lip balm 😛 I think wearing a lip liner would help though! It has a great staying power of 8-10 hours without heavy meals after which it fades into a subtle pinkish red sheen which looks ultimately fine. I believe it would need touch ups after heavy meals as it often fades from the middle first. Anyway, my lips look healthy and soft even when it is not as hydrating as Guerlain Rouge Automatique and even when I rinse it off completely. It does leave a stain, but that’s easily removable and does not bother me. Overall, I would definitely recommend this particular shade to every fair/medium skin tone gal and in general I would recommend this lipstick to every gal, who loves to try a variety of lipsticks other than the typical creamy, matte lip stuff. I believe we all have bad lips, hair days. I do have a bad day when this lip color bleeds, basically during humid and hot day, not always. It’s not a major con or deciding factor, matching lip liner or avoiding lip balm beneath this shade would fix the problem!
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of Tom Ford Lip Color – Cherry Lush:
- A vibrant hot, blue-based red lip color with hint of red shimmer, which is way too mild.
- It’s good to sport any look, be it day time subtle juicy red lips or deep dazzling gothic red to rock any event.
- A must-have red shade for every fair/medium skin tone gal (even those with pigmented lips).
- It is infused with the goodness of soya extract, murumuru butter, which though are not too hydrating, but they definitely help in keeping lips healthy and does not accentuate any issues.
- Even if it’s not as hydrating as other high-end lipsticks in the market, it works as a semi-matte lipstick with creamy and juicy finishing which does make a difference.
- My lips never feel stretchy or itchy (I have worn it for more than 10-12 hours).
- My lips feel naturally healthy and soft even when this lip color is not very hydrating in nature suprisingly.
- It has immense pigmentation and we can get desired sheer to full coverage using a lip brush or simply by swiping it as required.
- In the first swipe, it gives really nice, juicy deep red sheen to the lips which is good during day time; however, it would not conceal deep pigmentation of the lips.
- I get full coverage in just 2-3 swipes.
- It does not settle in lip crevices and does not accentuate dry lips, no matter how many times I swipe it on my lips with or without a lip balm.
- Lasts longer, more than 8-10 hours without lip liner and lip balm though, with light snacks, water sips, and skipping heavy meals.
- It does not leave any stubborn stain, hence I am relieved from the pain of removing traces of stubborn stains.
- An eye catching, sturdy black and golden packaging which is ideal for travelling and one cannot resist an urge to pull it out often.
Cons of Tom Ford Lip Color – Cherry Lush:
- Does transfer easily and always fades from the middle of my lips, which needs immediate touch up; gives an uneven look which makes me feel uncomfortable in public and while dining out.
- I feel slightly disappointed as it bleeds from the centre of my lips sometimes; however, it is not that bothering and happens once in a while, especially if I am wearing a lip balm beneath.
- I feel like licking my lips after a few hours, I guess it’s because I am more used to creamy, hydrating lipsticks including Guerlain Rouge Automatique.
- This particular shade is easily dupable, I can name many of it’s closest matches in my stash, but the feel and joy of experiencing a luxury treat does makes a difference.
Above all, I just love my Cherry Lush though I am done with Tom ford lipsticks 😛 I won’t mind skipping it, it’s a pleasure to try every possible luxury brand irrespective of it’s consistency in your shopping list 😛 I want to try every possible luxury/non-luxury lipstick brand hence I would pick another red/pink or orange for sure. I would still recommend it to all of you, those who love to try out different brands, there is no harm in doing so, isn’t it? Please do tell me if you have tried Tom Ford luxury lip treats? Do you like them?
Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen – Deeper
Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour
Bobbi Brown Lip Color Nude 18
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Oak Table
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Rosy Sunday
Stila Black Cherry Lip Glaze
Chapstick Classic Cherry Lip Balm
Maybelline Baby Lips Soothing Cherry Lip Balm
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss – Cherry Bomb
Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm
Lush Lip Service Lip Balm
Lakme Absolute Matte
Lip Color-Lip Lush
Lush None of Your Beeswax Lip Balm