What is Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour?
A revolutionary product that’s everyone’s favourite. It’s a lipstick, a lip balm and lip gloss all in one. Available in brand new colors of the season. From luscious Sangria and Plum to sophisticated Sepia and Firebrick shades. With a unique applicator for enhanced color delivery. Just one sweep and you’re ready to go. M.R.P. : Rs. 425/- Shades : Available in 4 shades in Lakme Night Fever Collection
- Sepia is a soft brown colour.
- Sangria is reddish brown colour.
- Plum is a deep plum colour.
- Firebrick is deep brown colour.
All the 4 colours have very fine golden shimmer to it but you would not be able to detect it until you really stare the colour. It’s just there and gives a shine to the lips. I find Sepia the most beautiful of the lot.
What I love about Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour
- The packaging. They are like little pens that you can carry around with you.
- They come in a twist up tube format and have a little sponge applicator at the top. They are easy to use.
- They quite moisturizing. Lakme claims that it has a lip balm in it.
- The colour of the tubes are the same as the shade of the lipstick inside so it’s easier to locate them.
- The colours are very pigmented and opaque. So you don’t need to put concealer or something opaque underneath to bring out the true colour of the lipsticks.
- I have 3 lakme Aquashine Lip Colours from their previous collection also and the biggest difference that i have found among the two is the staying power. The previous aqaushines used to disappear within half and hour or so of application. I mean I couldn’t even think of sipping any liquid as well with those on. This time they have definitely improved on that part. The staying power isn’t excellent but the light wash of colour still stays on my lips even after I have some snacks or drinks. And if I don’t eat or drink anything they go on for good 2-2 1/2 hours. I would say that the glossiness fades away but atleast the colour is still there.
- Another thing that I have noticed is that they have become sticker from the previous Aquashine Lip Colours and that explains the better staying power. But it’s not the gooey-sticky kinds. I don’t feel uncomfortable with these on. I recently learnt that the lipglosses need to have have some stickiness to adhere to lips or there is no way a liquidy thing could have a staying power on lips.
- It smells quite nice.
- The slanted applicator fits nicely in the shape of your lips. Makes the application easy.
- All the 4 shades are created keeping Indian skin tones in mind. All of them have a little browny undertone so they make a great colours especially for work or everyday wear.
- Although Lakme Aquashines have become better in their staying power but they can do better with these. Also now that the price has increased, we want a little more than 2 hour staying power. With this price, people would start hunting stuff in other brands.
These are the three Aquashines from my collection. Ginger, Old rose and Coral. Ginger and Old Rose are almost over.
- Old Rose is a pale pink colour
- Ginger is a peachy nude colour with obvious golden shimmer to it.
- Coral is a true coral colour.
Other than these I don’t think they have any major problem. I just pray that they bring the same formula in my Old Rose Colour and Ginger. I will repurchase them. Pleasseeee!!! :pray:
And there you go with my pictures. 🙂
There is a very little difference between Sepia and Firebrick. Firebrick is a little browner (if that makes any sense).
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*
I should have done some browny eye makeup but I just wanted to do blue today. So please bear with the mismatch of eye makeup and lips. 😛
Lakme has also launched Fruit Blast Face washes. Has anyone of you tried them?
Note : 4 Lakme Aquashines fro the Lakme Night Fever Collection were sent by PR for consideration.