Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm was bought on a whim at Boots to indulge my hair which probably get the least of my attention. I have shoulder length hair which are very soft and fine in texture. But due to many factors like pollution, sun …blah..blah… they were in a bad shape. They had become dry and frizzy. I know oiling the hair works best but I wanted something ready to use and quick more like something cosmetic. And the claim that it is first of it kind made me buy it instantly.
Product Price: £4.99 for 150ml
What the company says:
A ‘first of it’s kind’ night cream for the hair. The ultimate good hair day guarantee. Hydration is crucial for healthy looking hair so don’t waste the opportunity of some twilight trichology! This light weight balm disappears on the hair and penetrates the hair shaft with hydrating repair. Like your favorite skin cream, once applied the only thing you see is the result. It’s the first product of this kind that I’ve tried.
My experience with Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm:
The packaging looks attractive and has a flip to open cap and can close securely. As mention it can be applied to dry or slightly damp hair and can be used for all hair types.
The product is like a cream that is non-oily and can spread easily on your hair. Since there are no instructions mentioned, the first time I used it I used a pea sized amount applying it carefully onto my hair. The hair looked as it they had been oiled. After sometime the cream is absorbed and they start looking better though not really dry(I wouldn’t go out anywhere). The next morning they still looked the same. After washing it I did not find any difference in the texture of my hair.
The second time I used a generous quantity making the hair really greasy initially. After a while, the hair became pretty stiff and clotted. I could not brush my hair till the next morning. 🙁 The next morning after a regular hair wash, there was some improvement in the texture of my hair. It felt softer and silkier but nothing great. The only advantage that I found was that I did not require a hair serum post wash.
Pros of Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm:
• It does moisturize my hair to a certain extent
• The hair feels softer and silkier after the wash
• It helps reduce split ends to a certain extent after using it over a period of time
• Makes the hair less frizzy
• Does not leave a stain on the pillow
• It can double up as a serum if a very small amount is applied. (Did that when I ran out of my serum 😉 )
• Easily washable
• The moisture balm has a floral smell which lingers on
• Budget friendly
Cons Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm:
• A generous amount is required to get the full benefit of this moisture balm
• Makes the hair look oily on application
• The fragrance can be overpowering
• The hair becomes stiff and cannot be brushed until the hair is washed
• Need a proper wash or may leave the hair sticky
IMBB rating: 3 / 5
Recommendation: No… and I don’ think I will buy it again.