Coconut oil is a staple in every Indian home, don’t we all love to include it in our weekend haircare routine, especially for hot oil champi to condition and nourish hair deeply. But in recent years, people have also realized that coconut oil has amazing effects on skin and helps boost weight loss too. In fact, coconut oil is a wonderful beauty ingredient because it is a natural, potent, affordable ingredient with healing, nourishing, conditioning properties, and also, it’s full of nutrients. It has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and deeply moisturizing properties, which make it a power-packed ingredient to incorporate into your beauty routine. A quick tip before we move on—in case you dislike the smell of coconut oil, do keep in mind that deodorized versions of coconut oil are also easily available in the market. Also, if you have acne-prone skin, we would advise you to switch to jojoba oil since coconut oil is slightly high on the comedogenic index. However, for the rest of you out there, read about 10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Glowing Skin.
Benefits of Using Coconut Oil on Skin:
• It helps to keep your skin hydrated, thus, preventing wrinkles and sagging skin.
• It contains Vitamin A which boosts collagen production, thus, keeping your skin wrinkle-free.
• It helps to protect your skin from antioxidants which are responsible for loose, sagged and wrinkled skin.
• It also contains Vitamin E and fatty acids which promote the production of new skin cells.
• The lauric acid in coconut oil helps to repair the damaged skin and also prevents aging signs on the face.
• It a natural emollient which helps to keep your skin soft and supple.
10 Ways to Use Coconut Oil For Glowing Skin:
1. Coconut oil and aloe vera mask: Aloe vera contains malic acid which helps to promote flawless skin, while coconut oil contains a large portion of Vitamin E which prevents wrinkles and sagging skin. Take two spoons of coconut oil and add two spoons of aloe vera gel to it. Mix together and apply on the face. Allow it to dry and wash off with cold water.
2. Coconut oil and Vitamin E Oil: Coconut oil is a natural emollient which promotes soft skin, while Vitamin E oil supports generation of the cells, thus, preventing sagged skin. Mix two spoons of coconut oil with two spoons of Vitamin E oil. Apply a thick layer of this mixture and leave it for an hour. Wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Coconut Oil and Argan Oil Mask: Vitamin A and E, both boosts collagen production on the skin, while anti-aging properties found in argan oil can help to prevent wrinkles, fine lines and other aging signs on the skin. Antioxidants prevent oxidative damage from UV radiation, keeping your skin healthy and supple. Take some coconut oil and add some argan oil. Mix together and apply on the face. Wash off with lukewarm water.
4. Coconut oil and Cinnamon: Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory compounds which prove beneficial in treating wrinkles and other aging signs on the skin. Coconut oil also contains lauric acid which keeps your skin soft and youthful. Take few spoons of cinnamon powder and add some coconut oil to it.
5. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask: Honey contains natural humectants which moisturize your skin and anti-inflammatory properties which can help to prevent wrinkles and sagging skin. Take two spoons of honey and add some coconut oil to it. Mix together and apply the mixture on the face. Massage in an upward direction and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
6. Coconut Oil and Shea Butter: Essential fatty acids in the shea butter can help to uplift the skin naturally, while coconut oil keeps the skin supple and hydrated. Shea butter is an effective skin care ingredient which forms a protective barrier, thus, preventing your skin from showing aging signs. Take some shea butter and melt it in a pan. Now add some coconut oil to it and switch off the flame. When the mixture is lukewarm, massage your face with it. Leave it for overnight and wash off in the morning.
7. Coconut Oil and Turmeric: Turmeric contains antioxidants which prevent oxidative damage to the skin, thus, preventing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. It boosts collagen production and also keeps your skin firm. Mix a small amount of turmeric powder with coconut oil and use it regularly to prevent wrinkles and sagging skin.
8. DIY Homemade Makeup Remover with Cucumber and Coconut Oil: Makeup removers in the market come packed with a lot of chemicals, parabens, and preservatives, but why spend money on makeup removers when you have got coconut oil at home! Here’s a homemade makeup remover that removes even stubborn and waterproof makeup. Here’s how you can make this remover all by yourself.
9. Coconut Oil and Coffee Scrub: Take a little bit of coconut oil, and a little bit of instant coffee powder to make yourself a delicious coffee scrub that will exfoliate and smooth out skin’s texture. Your skin will feel incredible once you wash this off.
10. Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Sweet Almond Oil: Take 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp of sweet almond oil, and around 2 to 3 vitamin E capsule. Puncture the vitamin E capsules and transfer the content into a bowl. Mix both coconut oil and sweet almond along with the vitamin E, and apply all over face and neck area. Keep for 30 minutes and rinse off with a gentle cleanser.