When it comes to fine dining, we cannot begin to imagine a good quality wine. And of the most popular and tasteful varieties of wines that accompanies fine dining, red wine features first and foremost. Now, the whole skincare and associated beauty treatments have been abuzz ever since red wine has entered the scene with the promise of potential to prove to be the best thing that has happened in recent decades as far as skincare and facials are concerned. That’s right, this choicest alcoholic beverage that has been a vital and, in a way, unavoidable accessory to quality culinary experience, has benefits to skincare and overall beauty and so we have decided today to devote some time to talk about the benefits of the uses of red wine in facials and skincare. Now, let us begin forthwith sans any further undue postponements:
- Red Wine For Anti-ageing: This vineyard delicacy is rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids, resveratrol and tannin, that acts by restoring collagen and elastic fibres, thereby preventing our skin from ageing. Mix it up with rosehip, strawberries, grapes and essential oils and you have yourself the closest approximation to the elixir of youth.
- Red Wine For For Natural Glow: For those among us who seek that natural glow, red wine is highly recommended. Packed with polyphenols, red wine is the perfect ingredient to, quite literally, put the glow on your cheeks. And all you need to do is apply the red wine directly on your face and let it stay on for about 10 minutes before you wash your face.
- Red wine to fight acne: Red wine comes mighty handy when one is in the fight against pimples and acne outbreaks. On account of its rich anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, red wine is extremely good when it comes to cleansing your face and is rather effective in fighting off acne outbreaks. All you need to do is apply red wine to your face with cotton balls dipped in the wine. It acts well by cleaning out your skin pores as well.
- Red Wine as cleanser: Red wine is quite potent as a cleanser. All you need to do is use a clean and damp piece of cloth to clean your face. Then you take a bowl and mix a tablespoon of lemon juice with three to four tablespoons of red wine and then you apply the same all over your face with gentle massage. Finally clean your face with a tissue paper.
- Red Wine as exfoliator: Red wine can be used as a pretty solid exfoliating paste. All we need to do is mix the wine with some ground rice, coffee, sugar, etc. You can then use it to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Red Wine in face mask: You can make a red wine face pack that can be made with two tablespoons of red wine and some yogurt. It is extremely good for your skin.
- Red Wine as a toner: Red wine face toner is made with 4 teaspoons of rose water mixed with 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, the whole thing added with distilled water and then refrigerate. Apply the same with cotton balls and then after keeping it on your face for a few minutes, wash it with cold water.
- Red Wine with ice cubes: Many of us love rubbing ice cubes on our faces. Do the same with a simple twist. Freeze it with red wine. It is really soothing on your skin. Makes it glow.
Well dear readers, we hope that you all found our brief but intensive list of uses of red wine in skincare, useful and informative. We would love nothing more than to hear from you. So, if you have any questions or if you just want to share your Ideas, thoughts and comments on the article, kindly leave us a line or two in the comments section below. Stay pretty and healthy!