Coming back to Estee Lauder today – I bring to you its Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick in Poppy Love. This was pretty much love at first swipe. I swiped this along with a few others in the store – and my eyes kept drawing back to this one. I knew I had to come home with this….and I did!!
Now, note that Estee Lauder has numerous ranges of lipsticks catering to different needs:
1. Pure Color Longlasting Lipstick
2. Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick
3. Pure Color Crystal Lipstick
4. Pure Color Lip Shine
5. Pure Color Sheer Matte
6. Pure Color Sensuous Rouge
7. Double Wear Stay in Place Lipstick
8. Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick
9. Estee Lauder All Day Lipstick
WOW!!! That’s quite a range – isn’t it? With atleast a dozen colours in each! The reason I mention the range is because the first 3 variants in this range have the same packaging – however, very different finish. So, in case you happily pick up a colour based on the packaging (not paying attention to the range name), you could be surprised with the finish and feel it does not match the reviews! I did make such a mistake with another brand and came home with a dud!
1. Pure Color Long Lasting range has been reviewed earlier on IMBB (Wildly Pink, Coral Fantasy, Pink Parfait, Raspberry Shimmer, Scarlet Siren). It’s easy on the lips, long lasting and has amazing pop of colours. Comes in crème and shimmer options.
2. Pure Color Vivid Shine, which is being reviewed today is essentially very different because though longlasting, it has amazing micro-shimmer in it. However, I do understand that micro-shimmer has limited takers –because it is not everyone’s cup of tea. Plus, in my experience with the testers of this line, the shimmer of certain coloursseemed a little gritty. I felt that with Magnetic Magenta.
3. Pure Color Crystal Lipstick – Again available in crème and shimmer formula – this line is extremely sheer. If you have pigmented lips or like saturated colours, you might want to give this a miss and try the other 2 instead.
The Product Details (from the website):
Color so vivid, it’s luminous.Light-emitting prism pearls create multi-luminous effects.For amplified color and unprecedented sparkling shine.Clusters of up to 8 different shaped pearls cast diamond-like reflections.
Silver and gold sparkle pearls neutralize liptone. All shades look great on every skintone.Lips love it. Feels so good: lightweight, creamy, conditioning.
TRUE VISION™ COLOR – Maximized color impact, Magnified vibrancy, clarity and dimension, Amplified brilliance. Light-to-medium, buildable coverage.Wears for hours. Stays color true
Enriched with lip-loving ingredients, including apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter that leave lips soft, smooth and conditioned.
Vivid color, luminous shine
$26 in US / INR 1735 in India
As mentioned earlier, the packaging of Vivid Shines is same as that of the Long Lasting range – meaning plush and practical too!I have said it before, I love the gold case packaging with glass bottom – which helps identify the colour in a jiffy! And I Love the EL logo on the lipstick case. The lipstick comes enclosed in a cardboard box which has a small cut-out, which again enables you to identify the colour. The box comes seal wrapped which ensures that no one else has touched or swatched the lippy. Wish all brands did that, at least the high-end ones!
The lipstick case closes smoothly and the tight alignment ensures that it does not come loose on its own.
My experience with Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick – Poppy Love:
As per Estee Lauder press releases, the colour is “Dark Red.” I beg to differ. It is definitely not dark red. Instead its like a bright cherry red with enough pink in it to look borderline red. It’s got gold and silver sparkles, which are not gritty or look like glitter on the lips. Instead it gives a nice sparkly almost luminous sheen. One swipe is good for 80% color deposit (Refer pic for the hand swatch). A second swipe will deposit colour evenly on the lips but the intensity of the colour will not vary drastically – which is a good indicator of the high pigmentation level of the lipstick.
Colour was fairly easy to apply directly from the tube without the use of a lip brush.When applied, the lipstick goes on creamy with no tug or pull. The micro-shimmer gives it a sheen. Considering the micro-shimmer is spread in the pigment, the sheen does not wear off. This would be a great asset for people who like gloss on their lipstick because here is a lipstick which looks luminous without the need of a gloss.
The lipstick is still long lasting – says put for 6 hours plus (with mini snacks in between. Post the lipstick disappearing, the stain still lingers. After about 3 hours of that, I removed it with a makeup remover. Refer pic for the hand swatch. The pink stain on top is post me trying to remove the swatch with vigorous rubbing. In the duration that it is applied, it hugs the lips without settling into the fine lines or drying out the lips. It does not feel drying or gritty on the lips.
To sum this up for you:
Pros of Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick – Poppy Love:
1. Intense vibrant colour – with a constant luminous sheen.
2. Unique shade
3. Easy to wear colour for people who resist dark shades or want to try red but not comfortable with the intensity of a deep red.
4. Excellent pigmentation – A second swipe will help deposit colour around the contour of the lips but not build intensity much further.
5. Easy to apply from the tube
6. Does not settle into the fine lines of the lips
7. Does not hydrate but doesn’t dry out the lips either
8. There was no feathering
9. The stain, which still has shimmer on it, lasts really long on the lips. It feels as if you still have the lipstick on.
10. Luxe feel to the tube and case!
As I have said earlier, I will not be putting the price caveat since quality does not get determined by price!
Yes, it’s a 5/5.
Love the colour, the sparkle, the lasting power and the packaging – And I like that the colour is fairly unique bridging the gap between reds and pinks! I would suggest you try the colours in the store before you pick a shade from the Vivid Shine range – I swatched a lot and bought a few….relax….bought a few over time! I felt the grittiness only in Magnetic Magenta. Will share more shades soon…2 of them are absolutely fabulously amazing! Coming soon….
Would love to hear your thoughts on the shade and the range.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick – Wildly Pink
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick – Scarlet Siren
Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick – Firelight
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss- Fuchsia Fantasy
Estee Lauder Kissable Lip Shine Venice Kiss Review
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick Raspberry
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick Coral Fantasy
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lipstick
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick Raspberry Review
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick Pink Parfait Review, FOTD
Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer
Faces Long Lasting Eyeliner Automatic
Faces Canada Go Chic Lipstick – Poppy Red
Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Lip Liner – Poppy Red
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- estee lauder lipstick poppy red
- estee lauder pure color vivid shine poppy love swatches