A crème-to-powder finish formula make-up compact that glides on silky smooth and blends effortlessly for an impeccable finished look that lasts the entire day.
How to apply Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Creme Compact?
- Step 1
Sweep adequate crème-to-powder compact on to the make-up sponge
- Step 2
Gently blend the make-up sponge in a downward direction. Allows you to control coverage for sheer or heavier results.
Shades Available : 4 -Pearl, marble, Shell and Coral
Price - Rs 375 (Not sure , I bought it almost an year back and I was about to throw it away before I got a request to do a review. :P)
I was looking for a compact powder to set my base and this range was pretty new to the counters early last year. So the SAs convinced me that this would be an ideal compact + foundation combo all in one. She said that if I wanted to apply it as a foundation, I just needed to wet the sponge that comes with the compact and I’ll be all set. Two things happened :
- She sold me the wrong shade – Pearl (I look like a ghost with this shade all over my face)
- She sold me the wrong product (it is not a compact that you could use to set your liquid foundation)
Since I was a newbie to makeup until last year Jan, it took me months to realize both the things. On 17th July, 2009 I got ready to attend an evening (4 p.m types) Birthday Party of my friend. It was a hot day and I didn’t want to apply liquid foundation and all so I applied this as a base and set it with powder. Got ready and visited the venue in almost 45 minutes. I reached and thought I’d do a touch up and since the weather was pretty hot that day, there were a little droplets of sweat on my forehead. I patted out the sweat carefully with a tissue and to my horror, I saw the foundation on the tissue. My makeup base was melting. I touched my cheeks with finger, the foundation came on my finger tips. Finally, went to the washroom and washed my face and did the touch up sans base.
The reason I chose to use this compact on a hot summer day was that I thought it would live up to its “Nine to Five” claim.
Some other things about Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Creme Compact?
- It comes with an excellent sponge. You may sanitize the sponge and re-use it.
- The packaging is beautiful and the compact is easier to carry.
- This product could give you a full coverage but you must know how to apply it.
- Don’t even think of applying it over your liquid foundation because you would only be applying another layer of foundation on your face.
- It’s a creamy textured product and not powdery.
- Regarding applying the product with a wet sponge, it will only give you a streaky finish. Now only if you want that , wet that sponge.
- This product could work great as a concealer.
- There is an inbuilt mirror in the compact and a separate section for the sponge. This keeps the product and sponge separate.
How to apply it?
Summers: This product is best applied with fingers. Pick the product bit by bit with your fingers and keep applying and blending it. Start with the center of your face- nose, forehead and move towards cheeks while blending it towards your hairline. Then damp your sponge and move it lightly all over your face, just to remove all the cakiness. The product is creamy and you would not face any problem in blending it.
Winters: Take a blow dryer and blow dry the product just for a few seconds. This would melt the product a bit and the application would be easier.
Most of my product has gone into trying to work it out. I used it mostly as a concealer . In fact, after this I have lost faith in powder to creme compacts and I now run away from the whole idea only.
I would not buy it again.