WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ben Nye Creme Foundation
What The Company Claims About The Product:
Ben Nye’s Creme Foundations offer superb quality, intense pigmentation and distinctive color selection. Smooth consistency provides bold or subtle effects, and effortless blending with Creme Rouges, Highlights and Shadows. Intense pigmentation provides excellent coverage.
The foundation is offered in different shades and series:
• Proscenium (P) Series – Classic colors ideal for characters where specialty shades are required. Vivid pigmentation for durability and dramatic results.
• Lite (L) Series – Soft, natural shades impart a warm tan-peach tone from very fair to subtle tan-rose. Suitable for actors with fair skin tones.
• Tan (T) Series – Golden-tan shades suitable for blonde to brunette Anglo performers.
• Medium (M) Series – Healthy, natural shades suitable for Anglo males. Best when applied thinly like satin. (M) and (Y) Series appear darker in the container than when applied.
• Olive (Y) Series – Natural shades for actors with olive skin tones. Also useful for olive-toned ethnic characters.
• Twenty (TW) Series – Light olive to deep warm-browns. This series complements brunettes, olive and brown skin tones.
• Maple (MA) Series – Golden light-brown to rich brown tones provide an attractive, contemporary palette of shades for performers of color.
The shade that I got, “Death Straw” is from the P-proscenium series.
8 dollars + shipping. So, costed me around 700.
.5oz/14gm. Good for Application on 35-40 faces.
For Best Results:
Apply with latex sponge, fingertips or brush in sections with a gentle patting motion. Set with powder. Lightly stipple moistened sponge over set makeup to enhance lustre.
My Take on Ben Nye Creme Foundation:
I had seen good reviews about this cream foundation on the blogosphere (International), so thought of trying it out, also because I have always had fairly good experience with other Ben Nye products.
The foundation comes in a lightweight plastic, round container with a see-through lid on top. It couldn’t have been simpler than this 😛 I guess this is common with most pro products. Major attention is given to the product itself rather than on packaging.
The foundation has creamy, soft texture, but is slightly thick. I dot it all over the face and blend it with a moist sponge. I have noticed with this, it gets a little tough to blend with a foundation brush, but with a sponge, it blends easily. The coverage it provides is great and I would definitely consider it a full-coverage foundation. I need very little concealing when I am wearing this, may be just some concealing under the eyes. The staying power is good and with a primer, it stays fresh for good 5-6 hours.
Being a cream foundation, it has a dewy finish, which I like. I do not wear/recommend this foundation on a daily basis, but it is apt/perfect for special occasions/parties where I like to have a flawless face. Also, this has no bad/weird smell, which is an added bonus for me.
The shade that I got P18 – Death Straw, has a LOT of yellow tone to it. It gets a little too yellow for my skin tone, so I need to mix this with a light colour concealer first to get my right shade ( I am NC 25 in MAC, for reference).
Overall, this is a great foundation for my special occasions (as of now), works well on me regardless of the fact that I have slightly oily skin.
What I Like About Ben Nye Creme Foundation:
• The coverage is great, makes my face absolutely flawless and requires minimal concealing.
• Staying power is good.
• Provides a dewy finish.
• Well pigmented, just a little is required for full face and neck.
• Suits my sensitive skin well.
• No bad/cheap smell.
• Available in a large number of shades.
What I Didn’t Like about Ben Nye Creme Foundation:
• For oily, acne-prone skin, I don’t think it is healthy for an everyday wear as it’s more on the heavier side.
• Ben Nye products are not easily available here in India, so one can’t go over-the-counter to try the tester and get your right shade match.
• Blending it completely requires a little effort.
4 ON 5 :-* :-* :-* :-*
Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder
Ben Nye Banana Visage Poudre Luxury Powder
How to Apply Cream Foundation : MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
How to Apply Cream Foundation With a Stippling Brush (Video Tutorial)
L’oreal True Match Roll On Foundation
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Creme
Faces Creme Matte Lip Gloss Peach Pink Review, Swatch, FOTD
Lakme Nine To Five Flawless Creme Compact
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Eternal Summer Photos, Swatches
Lancome L’Absolu Creme De Brillance
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation Review, Swatches, FOTD
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation