Lotus Herbals Neemwash Review
This review has already been done by Neha. She has oily skin but the face wash says that it is for all skin types. I have dry skin so you’ll get to know about the fae wash from a different perspective.
What the tube says: Lotus Herbals NeemWash is an innovative face wash which uses the goodness of neem and clove and removes surface oils, dirt and pollutants. It contains active neem extract and neem slices which provide excellent anti bacterial protection to skin.
Active ingredients : Neem extract, active neem extract, clove extract.
Directions : Squeeze a small quantity on the we palm of your hand. Crush the active neem slices and work out lather. Apply on wet face with circular motions. Wash off.
Price : Rs 110 for 80 gm product
What I love about Lotus Herbals NeemWash:
- It’s very refreshing and soothing face wash.
- It leaves your face squeaky clean. You actually can feel that all the dirt and grime has been sucked out of your skin.
- It works great during hot humid weather, especially for me.
- It has a gel like texture and it lathers well.
- A little goes a long way. You need a peanut size amount for your face.
- The facewash has active neem slices in it, which you are supposed to crush and apply it on your face. Initially I found no use of these. But the changing weather was giving me tiny pimples on my cheeks. I used to crush these one or two slices between my thumb and index finger and applied it directly on my pimples. I used to wash it off after 5 minutes or so. Within 4-5 days, the pimples were gone. Other than the face wash, I had made no changes in my skincare routine. So it has to be the face wash that cleared out my skin.
- It comes in a flip-top cap tube so it’s easier to carry and also, it’s easier to control the amount of product that you want.
- I quite like the herbal-neem kind of smell.
- According to Lotus , all their face washes are soap free. They are 100% olive oil surfactant based products.
Now the downsides :
- Although the pack says that it is for all skin types, it makes my skin dry beyond my liking. I have to instantly apply a moisturizer after I wash off my face. It works great when my skin gets oily because of humidity but I would not want be able to use it during winters. It’s strictly a refreshing summer face wash.
- Crushing the neem petals is quite an effort because they slip between your fingers.
- The full list of ingredients is not mentioned.
- I could not discover or smell anything clove. But if they say that the face wash has clove in it, I believe it.
I personally think this is a better facewash for people with oily skin. Infact it calms me down on hot-humid days, I can imagine what a blessing it would be for people who have oily skin.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
Read Neha’s review on Lotus Herbals Neemwash
Have you used Lotus Herbals NeemWash? Please rate in the box below.
Note : The product shown in this entry was sent by the company for consideration.