Sweating is a big problem, especially in hot and humid places of the world including India. From ruining our dresses to melting our makeup, profuse sweating is a big issue. However, nothing bothers us as much as armpit sweating. The sweat-producing apocrine glands are mainly present in the armpit. Many people sweat excessively due to medication, food habit and some hormonal imbalance. In this post, I will tell you about 10 super effective tips that can keep the problem away; probably you will sweat, but it won’t be profuse and wouldn’t make you uncomfortable.
1. Use Antiperspirants: Using a good quality antiperspirant is a must when you sweat a lot. Many people are confused between antiperspirant and deodorant. While deodorants cover up the smell of sweat, antiperspirants have chemicals that prevent excessive sweating. They often contain aluminium compounds that temporarily block sweat glands. Using a deodorant over a layer of antiperspirant works the best. If the normal ones do not work, you may have to use the ones available in medical stores. They contain higher concentration of antiperspirant chemicals. Also, you must apply the antiperspirant much ahead of heading out, preferably at night. In this way, the product gets absorbed into the glands and would work well for the next day.
2. Wear the Right Clothes: Choosing the right material for your clothes in very important. Include light, cotton fabrics in your wardrobe. These light fabrics allow air to pass and reduce sweating tendency. Also, it would absorb moisture and prevent bacterial growth. If you do not want to stink because of excessive sweating, cotton and natural fabrics are your best friend for everyday wear.
3. Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Stress and anxiety often leads to excessive sweating. There are various ways to cope with the problem. You must sleep for 8 hours a day, you must meditate at least 10 minutes every day, and you must not think too much if you want to keep stress away. If anxiety and stress are causing serious problems in your life, consult a psychologist. Along with the anxiety, the sweating problem will be also solved.
4. Change Your Diet: Bad eating habits and wrong choice of food items also lead to excessive sweating. Little changes in your everyday diet can solve this problem. When you minimize the intake of sugar, alcohol, fried and spicy food, you will see reduced sweating. Avoid food items that would increase the internal temperature of your body. Avoid processed and fatty foods, caffeinated drinks, excessive salt, spicy foods, onions, garlic in your diet. Include leafy vegetables, oats, almonds, bananas, green, tea, red cabbage, spinach, brinjals or eggplant to combat excessive sweating.
5. Try Home Remedies: There are a lot of home remedies that you can follow to tackle this problem. Rubbing lemon wedges in the underarm area. You can also make a pack out of 1/2 tbs p lemon and 1 tbsp baking soda and rub it on the area to get rid of bacteria that causes sweating and body odor. You can also drink lots of cold water to keep the body temperature down and thus decrease sweating.
6. Bentonite Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Mask: To get rid of dead cells and buildup, and also to get rid of bacteria from underarms, make a smooth paste out of bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar and water. Apply under both the arms, let it dry. Rinse off after 15 minutes and you will see that your underarms have become smooth and clear.
7. Consult a Doctor: A lot of the times excessive sweating is caused by internal problems like hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism, leukemia, heart disease, menopause, and other hormone disorders. Proper treatment is necessary in such cases. Consulting a doctor to treat the problem is mandatory and getting rid of the real problem can help in dealing with sweating. Doctors often perform laser surgery or Botox treatments to treat profuse sweating.
How to Stop Excessive Underarm Sweating
7 Ways To Stop Excessive Sweating In Armpits
6 Best Deodorants to Stop Sweating
How to Control Sweat and Body Odor During Summer
10 Simple and Effective Tips to Prevent Acne Breakouts in Summer
Skin Hygiene Tips to Prevent Acne