Just when I thought those horrible and long summery days were behind me, I am grossly mistaken! We are having a long summer this year with scanty rains and no sign of a pleasant weather. Many parts of India is still reeling under the hot sun and it’s not time yet to put away those high spf sunscreens back. Along with sunscreen, you would also need long-staying and sweat-proof makeup that just wouldn’t melt off in the scorching heat. It’s a pain to see all the makeup which you have applied with so much effort melt away in the heat and humidity. So, let’s check out some great makeup products that will stay put even on the hottest of the days. Shall we start?
1. Sweatproof Sunscreen: A good sweatproof sunscreen will not only protect you from the harmful effects of sun, it would also not come off with sweating profusely. Even in heat and humidity, you can stay assured that you are sun safe. Our pick would be Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen SPF 50. This one is water resistant, sweat resistant, non greasy, and gets absorbed quickly, gives UVA and UVB protection.
2. Primer: A good primer not only creates a smooth canvas for your makeup to glide on, it smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles and also increases the longevity/staying power of your makeup. The silicones in primer act as a barrier between the skin and humidity and hence your makeup wouldn’t sweat away as easily it would without a primer. Our pick – Benefit the Porefessional Primer.
3. Makeup fixing mists: These mists not only refresh your face on hot days, they would help you to set your makeup so that there is no makeup meltdown embarrassments in the heat and also such sprays increase the staying power of your makeup. Our pick – MAC Fix + Spray which spritzes out vitamins and minerals and is also infused with green tea, chamomile, cucumber. It adds radiance and finishes makeup. Another good option is Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
4. Long-staying Foundation: On hot days, you should pick up long-staying, budge-proof foundations that are not too heavy yet they wouldn’t come down with the sweat. Our suggestion would be to pick foundations with silicones because as mentioned earlier, silicones act as a barrier between skin and humidity. Our suggestion would be Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup.
5. Gel Eyeliner: The extreme heat shouldn’t deter you from playing up your eyes. Gel eyeliners would be the best for hot days instead of liquid liners because they wouldn’t give you raccoon eyes after your eyelids become oily. Our pick would be MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel.
6. Eyeshadow Primer: Talking about eye makeup, the one thing that is going to hold your eyeliner, mascara, and the various shadows in place is an eyeshadow primer. A good eyeshadow primer would prevent your eyelids from turning oily and ruining the whole eye makeup in the process. Our pick would be Urban Decay Primer Potion.
7. Waterproof Mascara: Mascara is one product which many of us wouldn’t ditch for anything! A good mascara can open up your eyes and give you an awakened look, along with volumizing and curling up lashes. We would suggest you to wear a good waterproof mascara that wouldn’t wash away even when you are spritzing refreshing mists on your face. Our pick would be Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara.
8. Concealer: You would still need a concealer to cover scars, flaws, pigmentation, blemishes, on a hot day. You should check out wateproof and long-staying concealers with intense pigmentation which can camouflage imperfections for a long stretch of time. Our suggestion would be Make Up For Ever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream.
9. Long-staying Eyeshadow: Instead of powder eyeshadows, opt for cream eyeshadows which would cling better to the eyeshadow primer and would last through the whole day in heat and humidity without sweating off the eyes. Our suggestion would be Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow.
10. Long-staying lip colors: Chuck out creamy and saucy lipsticks on hot days, matte and super long staying lipsticks would be your best friends on humid days. You would not have to through re-applications frequently and would be able to see the color even at the end of the day. Our pick would be Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick.
Image Source: 1
10 Makeup Products I use Everyday
10 Makeup Essentials For College Going Girls
10 Most Common Makeup Foundation Mistakes
10 College Girl Must Haves
10 Amazing Ways To Store Your Makeup
10 Golden Rules to Weight Loss
10 Makeup and Beauty Products that I keep Repurchasing
Foods That Will Make You Look Good
5 Makeup Products That Will make You Look Like a Perfect 10
10 Lipstick Shades That Will Make Your Teeth Look Whiter
15 MAC Lipsticks That Will Brighten Up Your Face
7 Best Makeup Looks That Would Suit Almost Everyone
Summer Hair Care: Tips for Healthy Hair in Hot Weather
L’Oreal Paris Studio Line Silk & Gloss Hot Straight Cream
Olay Total Effects Day Cream with Touch of Foundation