Aren’t we all envy those stunning big bong eyes? Only few of us are blessed with big eyes and rest of us have makeup tricks and products to do the job. I always keep looking for some make up hacks that will make my eyes look bigger than they actually are. In today’s post I am sharing some of the tricks with you. Hope it works for you!
1) Layer Your Black Eyeliner – Whenever you want to make your eyes look big, don’t leave them alone with simple black eyeliner on eyelids. Layer them with a blue, green or any color eyeliner of your choice to make your eyes look big. Layering will also give you break from regular black eye liner look.
2) Get Rid Of Dark Circles – Dark circles make your eyes look small. Therefore, you need to get rid of them first. Use an eye cream that treat dark circles or get enough sleep at night. For an instant make up solution, use concealer that is bit lighter than your skin tone for the illusion of lively and big eyes.
3) Highlighting – We use highlighting technique to define our features and to make them pop or stand out. Same way highlighting your eyes will define them. Apply a lighter color preferably white on the corner of your eyes, middle of the lid and just under the arch of your brow.
4) Blue Is Your Color – While choosing an eye liner for small eyes go for blue hues instead of jet black. The main reason behind this is it will make the white of your eyes look lighter and brighter.
5) Water Lining Is Essential – I hardly ever leave house without water lining my eyes even when I go make up free some days. Water lining really makes a huge difference. It makes your eyes look awake even if you haven’t slept for hours or very tired. Initially you may find the application process bit uncomfortable but once you see the result, you will crave to master this technique. Water line is the skin below your lashes. Mere lining them with kohl will give you instant big eyes.
6) Give Wings To Your Eye Liner – Jokes apart! What I mean is, winged eye liner can make your eyes look big. It is the most simple and easy way to achieve big eyes instantly.
7) Fill Your Brows – We often ignore our brows while doing make up. Filling your brow is as important as applying foundation on face while doing makeup but we tend to forget our brows often. Fill your brows properly using an eye brows kit and if you don’t have eye brow kit with you then you may use a brown matte eye shadow to fill your brows.
8) Gold Eye Shadow – Though most of us prefer matte eye shadows but all those glitters and shimmers not only look gorgeous but also make your eyes look big. Go for shimmery gold eye shadow for any event at night. Apply on your eye lid or just highlight the inner corner of your eyes. Shimmers will instantly open up your eyes.
9) Apply Mascara – Lastly, do not forget to apply mascara, if you’ve small eyes. Curl your lashes using an eye lash curler before applying mascara. Mascara will make your eye lashes look long and thick and long curled lashes will make your eyes look big.
If you know any other makeup tricks please do share with us
Tutorial: Neutral Eyes / Everyday Eye Makeup
9 Ways to Get out of Makeup Rut
Makeup Products That Would Make You Look Like A Bollywood Star
10 Makeup Trends You Must Try!
How To Choose The Right Eyeliner
Neutral Big Eyes Makeup Tutorial
Things to Keep in Mind to Achieve Perfect Smoky Eye Makeup
4 thoughts on “9 Make Up Tricks To Make Your Eyes Look Big!”
All very good tips..but wouldn’t water lining make eyes look smaller and closed? Instead applying a white or n*de lineron the water line would make them look big in my opinion.
Hello Tanvi, Thank you so much for your feedback. Really appreciate it. White liner is another trick which I didn’t include in my list. Sorry about that. I thought white liners are yet to become popular compare to kohl/black liner in India. Yes, water lining your eyes with white liner will also make your eyes look bigger. But water lining using a black liner also works for me. Do try it once and do not forget to apply mascara 🙂
Shainee..no sorries dear. Just clarifying my doubt. I love your tips here.
I understand ….thank you, Tanvi 🙂