Skin care products, rich in antioxidants, command such high prices in the market and the strange part is, no matter how much money you have to shell out to get hold of them, the demand for these antioxidant-rich products has never seen waning, but what are antioxidants and how can we give our skin a daily dose of antioxidants? Here is an article that will help you understand what antioxidants can do to your skin and how you can get your skin treated by antioxidants naturally.
Antioxidants – What are They?
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
They are chemicals that offer protection to the skin cells by neutralizing internal factors as well as external forces. As a result, the damaging effects of pollution, temperature, sun, metabolism, free radicals and such other things are reduced as antioxidants are highly capable of fighting with them. You may choose to pop in antioxidant tablets, use ready-made beauty products enriched with antioxidants or boost the antioxidant level in your body by natural means. Antioxidants make your skin glow with health, delay the process of aging and keep your skin youthful.
Antioxidants and Skin Care Benefits:
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Antioxidants like Coenzyme Q10, Vitamins C and E, Selenium, Alpha-lipoic Acid, Retinoic Acid and Flavonoids have a number of benefits to offer to your skin. Some of these benefits are:
- Antioxidants increase cell metabolism and promote anti-inflammatory benefits so that you get healthy skin.
- Certain antioxidants have skin-tightening properties to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- Antioxidants are helpful in treating damaged skin and reduce further chances of damage.
Natural Antioxidants For Skin – Skin Care Recipes:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
- Blackcurrant-Yoghurt antioxidant mask: Mix four spoons of the juice of blackcurrants, preferably ripe ones, with two spoons of yoghurt. You can add a few drops of olive oil to the mixture if you have dry skin. For oily skin, avoid the olive oil part. Apply the mask and wait till it dries. Do not forget to follow up with some nourishing cream after removing it. The mask contains Vitamin C which helps to boost the formation of collagen and thus, have anti-ageing effects. You may however like to do away with this mask if you have sensitive skin.
- Green tea-cocoa antioxidant mask: Mix a spoon of green tea powder with a spoon of unprocessed dark cocoa powder. Add pure honey to make a paste. Now, apply it on your face and neck. Wait till the pack dries. This recipe will be quite suitable for all skin types. Apart from making your skin glow with health, it will combat the signs of ageing.
- Apple-Honey Antioxidant Pack: Mix two spoons of apple puree with a spoon of honey. Let it stay on your skin for about twenty minutes and then, rinse it off. Apples are rich in antioxidants. Use it to get beautiful skin naturally.
Natural Antioxidants For Skin – Tips:
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- The best natural antioxidants are found in your kitchen. For instance, rosewater, green tea, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, soy, and grape juice are great antioxidants for skin. You may like to replace your ready-made facial toners with these all-natural options.
- Certain essential oils are high in antioxidant properties. Try adding a few drops of such antioxidant essential oils in your regular face packs and other skin-care recipes. Grape-seed essential oil, clove essential oil and rosemary essential oil are some such essential oils.
- Try to include antioxidant-rich food in your daily diet plans. Have lots of citrus fruits like sweet lime and oranges.
- Have green and leafy vegetables, tomatoes, mangoes, nuts and seeds, fish liver oil, carrots, broccoli and kiwi fruit.
- Having green tea and chocolates will also be great for your skin.
P.S.: I was curious to know about antioxidants and hence, I conducted a thorough research. This article is completely based on that research.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Oriflame Naturals Shower Gel With Antioxidant Grapes And Echinacea
H2O Green Tea Antioxidant Face Complex
Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick
Free Radicals and Antioxidants: Skin Care
Alberto Balsam Anti-oxidant Pomegranate Shampoo
Vichy Aqualia AntiOx Pro-Youth Antioxidant 24Hr Hydrating Fluid
Watson’s Green Tea Anti Oxidant Facial Mask
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne