WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How to Arrange your Wardrobe & Accessories?
I logged on IMBB (my daily routine –morning ritual) and saw the Ask IMBB question of the day “How to Arrange your Wardrobe”. And immediately I was swarmed with various ideas that I wanted to comment down. Then I thought these ideas cannot be penned down in the comment section they need a separate article.
I have a small room, so I am hard pressed for space. Instead of cribbing I decided to make the most out of it.
I’ve decided to write about it in two sections.. This one deals only with how I keep my Accessories & Make Up ..
The next one will be how I keep my clothes.
I bought this open shelf cupboard for 1000 Rs. from a small local furniture shop.
I was in dilemma over to buy a closed shelf or an open one. I bought an open one because not only because its pretty but also I would be forced to keep the area clean. 🙁
The cupboard has 5 sections.. So here goes the split-up
Behind the cute puppy toy lies (1.) some boxes containing pretty shoes that I wear for Special occasions. Next to it you can find (2.)One giant box, actually those are shoe boxes which I have attached together to make it a Lingerie box .. he he he. One shoe box contains Bra and the other shoebox contains panties .. ☺
I have my clutches containing money, ID card, etc. Next to it I have a bangle stand. In the middle I have two marble statue – two girls in chairs, behind there was a Mirror which I broke (7 yrs of bad luck ☹). Behind I have two glass jars. One glass jar contains all my lipstick, lip balms & gloss while the other glass jar contains rubber bands, scissors, tweezers etc. There’s a comb, compact and a eye shadow palette. Also a small book I maintain to use when I log on IMBB. ☺ ☺ ☺
The plastic blue jar contains some gold & silver jewelry like rings, chain and anklets. I kept a separate container for them so that I don’t loose them.
The third section has
- Deodorants at the far right corner
- Powders, Oil, Scrub next to it.
- In the middle there is a wooden tray which contains things that I need on a day to day basis. It contains facial wipes, The Body Shop make up remover, Ever-Youth face-pack, Marks & Spencer nail and hand cream, Biotique face pack, toner, J&J cream, some lip-balms (Lotus), Toner, Elizabeth Arden Red Door perfume, Dove Body silk cream etc..
- There’s wooden box in which I keep broken earrings, chain & beads etc. ☺
- Upon it are 4 big plastic boxes. I keep (a) Artificial jewellery (b) Electronic gadgets like I pod, wires, blue-tooth receiver, pen-drive etc. (c) nail polishes (d) bindi’s, clips, slide-pins, safety-pins. Above it are two small plastic box which contains things I take daily to my college/office and the other plastic box contains eye shadows, blushes etc.
- In the middle of the wooden tray I have a plastic tray in which I keep my earrings. I got this plastic tray from a chocolate box, Ferrero Rocher. I ate so many of this chocolate that I had lots of boxes left , I had an eureka moment and I decided to use them to organize my earrings. Since they are clearly visible and each earring has its own small pit I never have problems ☺ ☺
This shelve contains
- The pink bag contains facial wipes, cleansing wipes. Cotton balls, surgical gloves, etc.
- The giant plastic box contains things that I would take out only on a week end, like curlers, body scrubs, hair wax and other stuff for which I could not find a better place.
- The black box contains things that I don’t want people to see (read sanitary napkins and stuff)
- The metal and cardboard boxes were gifts ☺
- The smaller flat box I use to take things when I go out for vacation. I have taken a photo of the box. This covers everything that I might need on a vacation. It is compartmentalized so I don’t need to spend time on organizing ☺. I including some items I forgot to take photo
(R1C1 = Row 1 Column 1)
R1C1 = Night Cream, tweezers, small knife, scissors.
R1C2 = Earrings, Watches.
R1C3 = Lip-balms, nail polishes, nail colour remover.
R2C1 = Forest Essentials (Shampoo, Shower & Body gel, Body lotion, Conditioner etc).
R2C2 = Lipstick , lipstick and more lipstick.. ☺ ☺
R2C3 = Lakme Jewel Sindoor, Eyeliner, bindis etc.
R3C1 = Rubber bands, hair bands, hair clips etc.
R3C2 = Eye-shadows, compacts, mirror etc.
R3C3= Perfumes, Aromatic Oils ☺
Since my exams have come up section V is filled with books, earlier I used to keep all my bags, umbrellas, belts etc there. Till my exams get over my books will occupy this area. As soon as exams get over I will keep them neatly on my study table and let them collect dust. And the rightful owners of this section will come and occupy this place….
My first blog at IMBB ☺ ☺ I’m so excited.. and it is dedicated to all the lovely people at IMBB ☺ ☺.. If you have any suggestions to improve my organizational skills or my writing skills let me know.. A big & loud “whistle” for IMBB ladies ☺