TRUE COLOUR EYESHADOW QUAD from Avon – Review, Swatches and EOTD
Avon has introduced the ‘High Impact Eyes’ range, consisting of Super Shock Mascaras, Glimmer sticks Eye Liner and True Colour Eye Shadow Quad. Their claimed aim is, to “give your eyes a complete makeover: lush eyelashes, defined shape and amazing colour”. The True Colour Eye Shadow Quad is available in three different colour palettes – Romantic Mauves, Fresh Cut and Purple Haze. Among them, I got the first two. In the photo, the one at the top is the Fresh Cut True Colour Eye Shadow Quad. It has white, light green, moss green and dark green colours. The one at the bottom is the Romantic Mauves True Colour Eye Shadow Quad, comprising of light lilac, soft peach, light violet and soft brown.
The plastic box is handy and sturdy, and appropriate to be carried n a bag or a purse. The mirror is also good. And I especially like the applicator – it has a broad end and a narrow end – for normal and fine applications respectively. The narrow end will be very useful for lining the lash line or in a winged look. The True Colour Eye Shadow Quad I did not buy, Purple Haze, has the colours – light mauve, lilac, indigo and purple.
The True Colour Eye Shadow Quad claims about their eye shadows – “creamy smooth powder blends to a silk velvet finishing in luxurious living colour”.
The colours of the True Colour Eye Shadow Quad Romantic Mauve look like this on skin –
This completely refutes that claim. The colours are coarse, not smooth, and are too difficult to blend with the skin. The pigmentation is also not satisfactory. The colours, clock wise from top left, are – light lilac, soft peach, light violet and soft brown, among which I especially disliked light lilac. Light violet was the most decent of the lot and I will most probably be using it in combination with a colour from any other eye shadow range. The soft brown looks a bit purplish, but is an okay colour… sort of…
The overall profile of the True Colour Eye Shadow Quad from Avon goes like this –
Manufactured under the license of Avon Beauty Products
Marketed by Avon Beauty Products
Have three combinations – Romantic Mauves (light lilac, soft peach, light violet and soft brown), Fresh Cut (white, light green, moss green and dark green colours) and Purple Haze (mauve, lilac, indigo and purple).
Quantity – 5.6 gm
Price – 499 INR.
This is a (an awful) look I created with the Fresh Cut True Colour Eye Shadow Quad palette.
What I liked about the True Colour Eye Shadow Quad are –
- The applicator. Simply wonderful. Both the ends. Especially the narrow end. I am definitely going to use it for some other good eye shadow palette.
- The colour combinations look good when put together like that.
- It is easy to carry and the casing is good.
- Can be ordered through a representative since it is an Avon product. Saves the hassle of going and getting it.
What I did not like about the True Colour Eye Shadow Quad are –
- The colours are not smooth
- They do not blend well
- Does not last very long too. Though I am not very sure how long. Sometimes after I tried it, I felt uncomfortable and rubbed it off somehow…
- The price seems too high after using it
Overall verdict – will not buy it again
My rating – 1.5 for the colours and 1.5 for the applicator. Therefore, :-* :-* :-*
Have you used Avon True Colour Eye Shadow Quad? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner New Shades, Photos, Swatches
- Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner-REVIEW
- Avon Eyeshadows Review, Photos and Swatches
- Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad
- Avon Haul: Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner, Ideal Shade Concealer Stick