Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner-REVIEW
If I have to describe myself in few words it would be, cost conscious, love trying new beauty products launched in the market, a person who enjoys quality for less money and like many of us “addicted to IMBB”. For years I used eyeliners, shadows and kohls and thought my eyes looked great, but as I matured (after being an avid follower of IMBB) I discovered there are many more things that I can actually do to make my eyes look glam. So in my quest to find a good eye pencil, I discovered the Avon Glimmer stick Eye Pencil. I tried it with great zeal and now I am hooked to it. I have been using them for the last 1 month and I am quite pleased with the results.
Avon is a US based company, with approx 48,000 crores in revenue globally. A beauty icon & worlds no. 1 direct seller. Delivering dynamic earning opportunities to 50 lakhs sales representatives in over 100 countries. With over 120 years of heritage Avon countries as a true force for good by fulfilling its vision as a company for women.
What Avon claims about Glimmersticks Eye Liner:
- Vitamin enriched formula provides smooth & eve application
- Water proof & self sharpening.
Its Price: Rs 229/- for .28g. There is an offer going on i.e., Buy 1 for 159/- & 2 for 259/- only. So inclined to my budget friendly nature, I bought 2 for 259/-.Look for the Avon website here: www.in.avon.com
Shades Available: Glimmersticks are available in the following four colors:
- Cosmic Brown,
- Majestic Plum,
- Saturn Grey, and
- Starry Blue Night.
I bought the Cosmic Brown (15619) & Saturn Grey (15620) My Review: So when I got my AVON Glimmersticks eye liner it didn’t look too promising. It’s more like a crayon with a rounded tip. When I applied it, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s softer than the eye liner pencil, so it glides on smoothly, and I don’t even have to press very hard. The glimmersticks comes in a long skinny plastic black tube that is retractable and you never need to sharpen them. You just pull off the cap, twist it up and apply. They can also break off if too much eyeliner is exposed, however this is easily prevented by exposing only a small portion. I also agree that Glimmersticks are creamy. I find that they are creamier than pencil eyeliners, which makes them easier to apply and less likely to hurt my eyelid or tug and stretch the delicate skin around my eyes. What I like about Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner:
- Glimmersticks are creamy and easy to apply, self sharpening, and inexpensive
- I like that they are retractable like the lipsticks, as I have issues with pencil eyeliners that require a sharpener.
- It goes on smooth and I love the fact that I don’t have to sharpen them like some eye liners.
- Also it is nice that they are pretty small, you can toss it in your purse. I always carry them to office for touch ups.
- This soft pencil eye liner comes in four different shades and is great for daytime application.
- It can be directly applied to the lower lash line and it doesn’t smudge.
- Glimmersticks remove easily with soap and water or makeup remover, although I usually just run a cotton pad over my lids and it comes right off.
- The other thing that is a perk is if you don’t have someone selling Avon near you, you can still order online!. To me that is so nice! I like to be able to know about all the products through their updated brochures on ine and I don’t have to rush to the nearest outlet to purchase my makeup stuff.
- You can also find their nearest advisor online by just providing some geographical data of your location & the advisor will reach to you. Isn’t this great?
- They are very cost effective and for amateurs like me I think these are good to start with, even if you can’t make them work, you have nothing much to lose..
What I don’t like about Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner;
- The longevity of the liner is quite short. For me it last only for3 to 4 hours. It fades away time leaving a thin trace of the color.
- Since the liner is very soft so could be easily broken if too much of the liner is exposed.
- I wish that it came in more colors.
Will I repurchase? Yes I will. I loved Avon’s Glimmer sticks! They work great and they are such a steal on the price. Not only do I adore the easy application of this eyeliner and the built in sharpener, but the shade cosmic brown is the perfect shade to match my eyes. I will also recommend everyone to give it a try.