WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi, although I’m not a very big fan of Avon, I find their products okayish. So, I always tend to buy this and that from a friend of mine who is a rep. This month there was an offer on Avon Ultra Color Rich lipstick. The offer was two for 299 INR and one for 179INR. Each lipstick actually costs Rs 255. As I am trying to finish off my lipsticks I did not want to buy. But still I ended up ordering one lipstick .
Here it is. I had torn off the seal. But put it back again to show you how it looked.
I was a bit skeptic while buying Avon. Last time I got one , a coral from Simply pretty Range and it reacted so badly on my lips that I had to throw away the lipstick. I had used it hardly thrice. But all the three times I had allergies. Anyway, I got so tempted that I still bought one. I wanted a natural color, So, I got a shade called Rase Wine which looked close to my lip-color in the brochure. But it actually turned out to be a brught coral. I don’t know why the name ‘wine’ is attached then.Here is my review.
Price: 255 INR I got it for 179 on offer.
Weight: 3.6 gm
Shelf Life: The manufacturing date is not there. It only says use before 12/ 2013. I assume the shelf-life should be around 3 years then.
What Avon claims:
- Medium to full color
- Instantly releases rich color with creamy/sequined/shimmery texture that lasts for hours.
- Non-bleeding/non-feathering colors that s defines and shapes lips even without a lip liner
- Does not transfer to teeth.
- Tested by dermatologists.
When I opened it looked wine-ish. But on my lips it looks bright coral at least in the day light. I don’t know why the lipstick was scalded as you see. It came in a sealed tube which I myself opened. So, Don’t know why this happened. Besides, noticed a little thread like fiber (near my nail) on the lipstick. I wonder if the manufacturing was hygienic at all.
The swatch looks a bit more reddish in the picture. But it was more pinky
On my lips the color looks like what the swatch was also like
What I liked about Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick
- Rich color. A single swipe is enough to give you a good coverage. It is highly pigmented.
- Texture wise it is not glossy like Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipsticks. But go over creamy. After wearing, the texture felt velvety in a comfortable manner.
- I’ve worn it only once but have not experienced any allergy so far.
- The casing: the package is amazing. The cap is neither tight nor loose. It’s just the right kind. The body is heavy plastic. Nice to hold and feels expensive. Doesn’t feel flimsy at all unlike the Simply pretty range. It is a stout casing which is quite attractive.
What I did not like about Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick
- I wished this was a bit glossier as I like glossy lipsticks.
- The quantity is a little less than regular lipsticks. It’s 3.6 rather than the regular 4 gm. This difference is indeed noticeable as the lipstick looks a bit short/ stubby.
Shall I repurchase? I’ll wear it over and over. If I find I’m not allergic to it I will repurchase.
My rating: :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
Have you used Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick . Please rate in the box below.
- Avon Goldshine Lipgloss in Ruby Luster Review
- Avon Eyeshadows Review, Photos and Swatches
- Avon Simply Pretty Colorbliss Lippers: My Favourite Shades
- Avon Supershock Mascara Review