Avon Perfect Wear Extralasting Lip Gloss Review and Swatch
Hi friends, hope you all doing well. Winters have arrived in most part of our country. Dry weather can cause chapped lips and cracks, which may cause bleeding of lips too. Therefore, moisturizing them is must this season. Today I will review a recent product- Extralasting Lip Gloss- introduced by Avon specially for winters. It is a lip gloss from Avon’s perfect wear collection. This collection is mainly for the office wear.
What Avon has to say about this product?
• Avon’s first longwearing tip gloss makes touch-ups a thing of the past!
• Shiny, glossy color that stays true and comfortable wear that lasts for 8 hours!
• Moisturizing formula keeps lips soft, smooth-and spectacular.
Quantity:- 3 ml
Price:- MRP INR 329/-
Introductory price INR 229/- (I got a discount on this too)
The shades in the brochure are not the same. They made some mistake in printing. So the swatches might help you. The actual shades will be available in the shade card given to Avon representatives.
My experience with Avon products has been good as far which tempted me to buy this gloss. I don’t prefer longwear lipstick or lip-gloss as they chap my lips. I feel they dry my lips soon. But when I heard that this is moisturizing I could not avoid it.
So I picked up two shades out of 8.
One is Never ending nude and other Lingering plum.
As the name says, Never ending nude is a pretty nude color.
I don’t prefer dark shades. But this time I was tempted to try a darker plum color as its this years hot fall/winter color. So I ordered Lingering plum.
Here is the swatch of both the lipglosses on back of my hand.
Here is how they look on my lips.
To test out whether it really lasts long. I wore it to a wedding function yesterday. It lasted comfortably for 3 hours without fading. But it give away during the lunchtime. 🙁
I had to re-apply again after lunch. But later to my surprise I went to friends home and it lasted till dinner time that is around 5 hours. But again was eaten away by me in dinner 😛
Pros of Avon Perfect Wear Extralasting Lip Gloss
• It is very shiny and comfortable lip gloss.
• Moisturing lip gloss is what I wanted this winters and it indeed makes lips smooth.
• The fragrance is not over-powering. It has light pleasant fragrance.
• It did last for about 5 hours…expecting this from a moisturising lipgloss is difficult.
• The colors are very pretty and dark shades are pigmented but the color can be controlled with the quantity applied.
• Cheap compared to other similar long-wearing lipglosses.
Cons of Avon Perfect Wear Extralasting Lip Gloss
• Very limited shades (only 8)
• Choosing the right color becomes difficult from the brochure
• A little sticky.
• Does not last for 8 hours as claimed by Avon specially after meals. (may vary from person to person as I have habit of eating away products on my lips 🙁 )
My rating:- 3.5/5
And here are some pics of makeup I did for a wedding:
- Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
- Avon Goldshine Lip gloss in Ruby Luster Review
- Avon Supershock Mascara Review