Like petroleum jelly, there’s another product that is inexpensive and has multiple uses – it’s baby oil! Don’t we absolutely love when we can find multiple ways to use a beauty product! Baby oil comes under the category of “multi-tasking product” that does not cost much, is easy to find, and made with gentle ingredients. Apart from saving a lot of money, baby oil is a safe product to use on hair and skin. In fact, baby oil should be in every woman’s bathroom cabinet. Not just for babies, it can be used in your beauty routine too, and in different ways that we bet you didn’t know up until now. In this post, we list down 23 amazing beauty hacks with baby oil every girl needs to know.
1. To Moisturize Skin: Apply just a few drops of baby oil immediately after shower, on to wet skin, to lock in moisture and make skin smooth and soft. Even in winters, your skin will stay hydrated for long hours by following such a method. In fact, you can mix equal quantities of water and baby oil and apply it all over the body to make skin instantly hydrated and smooth.
2. As a Makeup Remover: When you want a gentle makeup remover, look no further than a few drops of baby oil. Apply the oil directly all over the face, give it a little massage, and wash off using a good face wash. You can also soak dry tissues in the oil and use it to carefully wipe the makeup, followed by a nice massage using a few drops of the baby oil itself. You can also carry baby oil soaked face tissues in zip lock bags when you go on travels to remove makeup on the go.
3. For a Smooth Shaving Experience: The razor will glide smoothly without causing any irritation, rash or burns when baby oil is slathered on the skin first. Baby oil can also soothe and calm irritation and rashes.
4. Under-eye Massaging Product: Just take a few drops of the baby oil on your fingers, and massage your eye area for at least two minutes. Then use a dry tissue to remove the excess oil.
5. DIY Homemade Lip Scrub: Make your own lip scrub for soft and smooth lips by mixing one tbsp of baby oil with half a tbsp of brown sugar, and a few drops of freshly-squeezed lemon. Apply this scrub in circular motion and wipe off with a soft washcloth. Do this every night and you will wake up with soft and smooth lips.
6. To Condition Makeup Brushes: After washing makeup brushes, pour a few drops of baby oil on to a flat plate/container and move the brushes in the oil in circular motion. Rinse the brushes, but without using cleansing agent, and allow them to dry completely before next use. Your brushes will feel unbelievably soft the next time around they touch your skin.
7. Make a Dewy Tinted Moisturizer: Just add 3-4 drops of baby oil to your regular foundation and apply all over the face and neck for a dewy finish tinted moisturizer look.
8. To Moisturize Feet: During winters, apply baby oil to the feet liberally and pull on the socks before hitting the bed and wake up to soft feet.
9. As a Cuticle Oil: Whenever your cuticles feel dry or rough, use a few drops of baby oil on them to soften them out.
10. To Tame Unruly Eyebrows: Soak a clean mascara brush in baby oil and use it to tame unruly eyebrows. You can also wet your eyebrow brush with the oil before you grab a small quantity of shadow with it and then use this to tame your brows.
11. As a Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair: Unlike most hair oils, baby oil will not leave hair sticky and flat. Just rub a few drops of baby oil between your palms and run it over the hair ends and on the crown of your head. This method will tame frizzy hair and add a nice sheen to the mane as well.
12. To Soften Cracked Heels: Soften cracked heels by massaging the feet with baby oil, and pull on the socks before going to bed. With regular use, cracked and rough feet will soften up.
13. Mix with regular Body Lotion for added Moisture: Amp up the moisture level of your regular body lotion by mixing a few drops of any baby oil.
14. To Remove Post-Wax Stickiness: Get get rid of that sticky and gooey post-wax residue by applying baby oil directly on the skin and then use a washcloth or tissue to take everything off.
15. Add Shine to Lips: Add shine and sheen to any lipstick by dabbing some baby oil on top.
16. As a Body Scrub: You can reveal soft and smooth skin by exfoliating the body with a body scrub made out of 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 tbsp of honey, and 1 tbsp of baby oil. Apply all over in circular motion and wipe away with a washcloth.
17. To Soften Rough Elbows: You can use the above-mentioned brown sugar body scrub to soften rough elbows too.
18. Body Oil: Now that summers are here, replace sticky and heavy body lotion with a lightweight body oil.
19. Add to Body Cream: To make skin extra smooth, add a few drops of body oil to your regular body cream.
20. To Make Foundation Dewy: Want to sport dewy makeup. Try adding 1-2 drops fo baby oil in your regular foundation to make a tinted moisturizer instead of wearing heavy foundation in this summer.
21. Tame Flyaways and Baby Hair: Tame flyaways and baby hair by smoothing a few drops of baby oil and comb through.
22. Shiny Legs: Want celebrity-like shiny legs? Slather baby oil generously on the leg and wear those stilettos.
23. To Revive Dry Mascara: Don’t worry if your mascara tube has dried out. Add a few drops of baby oil into the tube and shake well, you would get every bit worth your money from that tube.
So now do you agree that baby oil is not just for babies.
12 Hair Removal Hacks That Every Woman Should Try
Beauty Tips for Soft and Healthy Lips