By Shainee Chakraborty
Celebs are admired not only for their fit body but also for their look. They achieve that desirable look by changing their hair color, makeup and costumes. Though getting super fit body like them (or Rati :-p) is not a piece of cake. But would you believe me if I tell you that getting hair color like them is as easy as buying a lipstick (If you know what you want and a quick decision maker:-p)? You ask me how? Let me enlighten you about the Balayage (pronounced as Ba – Lay-Age) hair coloring technique!
What is Balayage?
Often people confuse Balayage with “look”. But it’s actually a technique through which you can achieve a look of your choice. Balayage hair coloring technique had first emerged during 70s but it has become quite popular this season. Balayage is a French word which means “to sweep”. Hair stylist enjoys the freedom to sweep the brush away the way they want or the way their client is expecting. In Balayage coloring technique color is applied to the mid section of the hair which gradually fades down towards the roots. This technique gives you natural looking sun kissed hairs.
How is Balayage different from Ombré?
Both are completely different. Balayage is a technique and Ombré is a trend. Through Balayage technique Ombré color trend can be achieved. Ombré is dark root to light tip. The color contrast is quite striking in Ombré but Balayage makes your hair look naturally shiny.
Why Balayage hair coloring technique is different from others?
In Balayage coloring technique, color is applied using hand or a brush instead of foil.
Who can go for this Balayage Hair Coloring Technique?
1. Balayage works wonder especially on virgin hairs.
2. Girls with any hair length can go for this coloring technique except in my opinion it wouldn’t be visible for very short hair.
3. It is not just for blonde hairs. It can be done in any hair color and types.
Pros of Balayage Hair Coloring Technique:-
• Hairs look natural and subtle
• Chemically less harmful compare to other techniques.
• You can customize it the way you want.
• If it is done correctly then it also softens the skin tone. Therefore, you may minimize your make up on daily basis and that will save your time to get ready for the office.
• It doesn’t require much maintenance.
• Minimizes your salon visits.
• Re growth looks natural and beautiful.
Top 5 celebrities who are rocking this Balayage color trend:-
1. First on the list is Brazilian model and Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme, Gisele Bündchen. According to me she is the queen of Balayage hair coloring trend.
2. Next on my list is my favorite singer Rihanna whose romance with hair color is not unknown to any. She never shies away from experimenting with hair colors and we’ve seen her in red, blonde and dark hair colors. She looks awesome in this Balayage hair which is also complementing her skin tone.
3. Rose Byrne is the ‘hairspiration’ for the medium hair beauties. This Balayage technique would look awesome on dark or brown hair.
4. I love this unkempt hairstyle on Jennifer Aniston. Her hair looks so natural and believable. I think this is one more advantage of Balayage hairs that even damaged or frizzy hairs look beautiful and healthy.
5. Even Bollywood is not behind in following this Balayage hair coloring trend. Isn’t Aishwarya Rai Bachchan looking gorgeous in this hair color? She is the example that Balayage looks awesome on curly hairs…
Have you ever tried Balayage hair coloring trend? Please share you experience with the IMBB readers in the comment section below.
Hair Color: Coloring Techniques
Hair Color: Hair Coloring Tips
10 Cool and Funky Hair Colors To Try Out
Choosing The Right Hair Color For Indian Skin Tone
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
How to Select Hairstyles According to Face Shape
30 Beautiful and Trendy Bridal Hairstyles
Best Hairstyles For College Going Girls
11 thoughts on “Balayage Hair Trend To Look Glam”
I’m reading a lot about this these days. I’d love to try this on. Anyone knows any places in Mumbai to do this ?
Nice article Rashmita 🙂
hi Jyoti this article is by Shainee… 🙂
I have heard Nalini’s at Bandra is good…look for Mr. Elton there…
he he he :-p
Oops!! Sorry Shainee 🙁
But really a nice article. . thanks for the info! 🙂
Ok.. Nalini’s at Bandra.. shall check it out! 🙂 Thanks
Hahaha…Its okay Jyoti 😀 Glad you liked it 🙂
Oh my god! I am so tempted to color my hair in this trend now! It looks so gorgeous.
I had been trying to post this as a query on madam gupshup. Anyone who has tried this please share your experience. Also any recos for salons in Mumbai who offers this service?
Hope people from Mumbai would come forward to help you. Also, like Rashmita said in the previous comment you may check Nalini’s at Bandra. 🙂
thank you so much Shainee, I have been trying to know more about this, awesome article 🙂
Thank you, Jomol 🙂