Hope you all are doing great! I always wanted to experiment with my hair color, but I am afraid to try out anything unusual because if it didn’t look good, then I have to live with it for some time! After going through a lot of articles and speaking with a few MUA’s in Salons, I thought of penning down some tips for choosing the right hair color for our Indian skin tone.
Adding a little color to your hair always makes you stand out of the crowd. On one hand where the choice of right color can enhance your appearance, a bad decision can ruin your entire look. Choosing the right color requires a lot of care and research, as what looks good on western hair might not look good on us.
So below are some points to ponder before you indulge in colouring:
• You need to know whether your skin tone is warm or cool. A simple trick to find your skin tone is:
If you turn red under the sun then yours is a cool tone and if you tan under the sun, then yours is a warm tone. Some colors look good on warm tones and some on cool tones.
Warm Skin Tones
Cool Skin Tones
• Warm undertones should opt for warm colours like copper. Cool ones should choose cool colours like walnut brown.
• One way to choose is to select a color that is either one or two shades lighter or darker than the natural color of your hair.
• Another way is to choose a color that matches the color of your eyes.
Now let us talk about different colors that you can try, based on your skin tone:
• Natural Color: Browns, reds, Burgundy fall under natural colours, and are suited for most Indian skin tones. If your skin shade is more towards the yellow, then try avoiding gold or ashy browns. If you turn red in the sun, then try avoiding red hair color as it would make you look like a tomato! The best hair color shades for Indian skin is one that doesn’t work against their skin tone.
• Brown: Brown color has a variety of shades available to suit different skin tones. For Warm toned beauties, shades like chocolate brown and ash brown would suit the most. For cool toned beauties mahogany and chestnut would look best.
• Burgundy: This is such a pretty color and suits most of the Indian skin tones like olive, yellow and even dark skinned beauties.
• Golden: This color suits girls with fairly white skin with pink undertones. Actually this color is not very well suited for Indian skin tones but is a favourite among many girls. One way to wear this color is to use this with some brown tones and mostly as streaks or highlights.
*Note: Golden is the most harmful color, as it is mostly bleached.
• Black: Getting your hair colored Jet back is a complete put off as it makes your features appear harder; also it looks like a wig! You can go for dark shades of brown instead.
• Red: Red comes in a lot of shades and is very tricky to play with. You need to be very careful in choosing the correct shade for
you. If you are fair, then you can try light red or copper red. Olive skin toned girls will look best with blue based reds which are darker. Also, beauties with red skin; try and avoid wearing this color as it would make you appear more red!
• Funky Colors: There are a number of unnatural colors like Green, purple, blue, pink available out there. But you need to be very careful in choosing such colors at it would attract a lot of attention. The best way to incorporate these colors is to use them as highlights or streaks.
I guess a lot of you would have got clarity on choosing the right color for yourself now. I hope this post turns out to be useful.
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Choose Swimsuit According to Body Type
How to Choose Lipstick Color
How To Choose Belts For Women
How to Choose the Right Undergarments for Women
How to Choose Eyeshadow Color
Hair Color: Hair Coloring Tips
Hair Color: More on Hair Coloring
Hair Color: Hair Coloring Tips
Hair Color: Coloring Techniques
How to Remove Hair Dye From Hair at Home
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Short Hair
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
How to Curl Hair at Home, Get Curly Hairstyle and Manage Curls
Makeup for Indian Skin Tone
12 Must Have MAC Eyeshadows for Indian Skin Tones
10 Most Beautiful Indian Women Ever
Top 5 Healthy Indian Breakfast Recipes
Indian Bridal and Wedding Wear
Eye Makeup for Older Women
Indian Wedding Golden Blue Eye Makeup Look
Top Five Indian Beauty Secrets