WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The festival of lights, ’Diwali’ is just about a week away and if you haven’t started pampering your skin to get that gorgeous Diwali like glow, then it’s time for you to take the initiative now. You must all be very busy shopping for your near and dear ones, but it would not be fair to be negligent about your beauty goals. In order to look your best this Diwali, it is important to give yourself the much-needed beauty treatment. Want to know how to get rid of all dullness and look gorgeous for the upcoming Diwali celebrations?? Then, read on further to Look Gorgeous on Diwali.
1. Cleansing: The first and foremost tip to get your face Diwali ready is following a regular cleansing routine. It is necessary to keep the face neat and clean and free from dirt and impurities to sport flawless skin. It is a good practice to wash the face twice daily, once in the morning and the other at night while following CTM. Also, ensure that you don’t use harsh chemicals on the face. Use a gentle cleanser suitable for daily use and massage your skin to increase blood circulation. Don’t overdo anything, twice a day is sufficient as excess cleansing can make your skin dull and dehydrated.
2. Moisturisation: Needless to mention, irrespective of your skin type, you have to hydrate your skin. Of course, the type of skin moisturizer you use may differ. It is like food to the skin, and you have to supply this food to the skin to keep it lively and healthy. Hydration provides the skin with much-needed moisture which undoubtedly enhances the softness and smoothness of skin. A dull skin can never look glowing, so hydration plays a key role there as well.
3. Exfoliation: This is an auxiliary step in any skin care routine which is equally important. Dead cells accumulate on the skin periodically and stops the skin renewal process. In order to keep the skin smooth and free from blackheads and whiteheads, use a nice exfoliator as per your skin type at least 1-2 a week. This will remove unwanted dead cells that are responsible for clogging pores and causing spots on the skin.
4. Healthy diet routine: Using external beauty products surely works, but nothing can help as good as following a healthy diet plan. Always focus on having a balanced diet comprising of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals in the right quantity. You should eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits as they can curb many skin problems and gives a natural glow. Avoid refined carbohydrates, sweets and packaged products. Always opt for fresh homemade food as this gives your skin the best possible nutrition.
5. Drink plenty of water: Though this tip is too trivial, but I thought it should be included in the list. Your water drinking should depend on your weight, location and physical activity levels. If you are exposed to hot climate, you should drink plenty of water as it is necessary to keep yourself hydrates always. Water helps to flush out unwanted toxins and gives your skin a spotless and youthful appearance. So, never ever ignore this simple tip of staying beautiful. Always consume water based fruits and vegetables like cucumbers and watermelons to keep yourself hydrated. This will keep the skin fresh and will give a beautiful glow.
6. Masking: Masking is another important step to get that flawless glow on the skin. If you have normal to dry skin, you should use masks that can give a nice glow and add some hydration to the skin. Otherwise, if you have oily skin, you should invest on masks that contain acne-fighting ingredients. Masks that contain kaolin clay or charcoal also helps to absorb excess oil from the skin and gives a smooth and spotless appearance. Such masks are good for all skin types. Follow masking routine 2-3 a week. You can also use sheet masks that targets specific skin problems. This will get you party ready effectively.
7. Removal of Makeup: Removing makeup is such a crucial step in keeping your skin clear. When you wear makeup, it clogs your pores and doesn’t let your skin breathe. It can also cause breakouts, dullness and dead cells accumulation on your face. So, it is extremely important to remove makeup before you go off to sleep. In addition to that, wear makeup that is water based as it clogs pores less in comparison to oil-based makeup.
8. Protection from sun damage: Whenever you go out, always wear a sunscreen that contains SPF. It protects your skin from sun damage and also down the process of ageing. It also prevents wrinkles, dark spots from occurring. This forms a shield on your skin and also gives you a smooth and fresh look. In place of a sunscreen, you can also choose a moisturizer or a BB cream that has a SPF in it. It performs dual role in providing protection.
9. Have enough sleep: In addition to the above-mentioned tips, don’t forget to have your daily quota of beauty sleep to get rid of all exhaustion. This is extremely important to keep your skin rejuvenated and fresh. Sleeplessness gives rise to dull and dehydrated skin. It can also cause spots, puffiness and dark circles. Sleeping helps to regenerate your old cells and also increases blood circulation. Make sure you sleep for 8-9 hours daily. Also, avoid smoking and drinking as it harms in your skin in innumerable number of ways.
10. Using Kitchen Ingredients to treat your skin: A lot of ingredients from the kitchen can work magically to treat your skin woes, you can use them in your DIY skin treatments also. For example, a mask with besan and curd can help you get rid of tan. Honey and turmeric can give you bright skin, and the list is endless.
11. Homemade pack for dry skin: If you have extremely dry skin, then you should make a mask made from ripened mashed bananas and honey and apply it to face and neck. Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
12. Homemade pack for normal to combination skin type: If you fall in the category of normal to combination skin type, then you should use a face pack made from tomato puree and honey and use it on your face and neck. Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash off with water.
13. Homemade pack for oily skin types: If you want to fight oiliness, then the a face pack made from tomato and lemon juice can be a great saviour for you. Tomato acts as a natural bleaching agent and brings a nice glow to the skin and lemon juice keeps the sebum generation under control. Apply a face pack made from this for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with water.
14. Choosing the right type of makeup for your Diwali looks: To make your makeup last longer and keep it mess free for a long time, it is necessary to use the right the kind of makeup. You should go for water-proof and smudge proof makeup like water-proof mascaras, eyeliners, transfer-resistant lipsticks. This will keep your makeup stay put for a longer time without going for frequent touchups. You should also use a primer to set your makeup.
15. Use ice cubes: Don’t have a primer?? Then, use ice cubes as a beauty hack for keeping your makeup in place. Before applying makeup, rub ice cubes onto your face. This will increase the longevity of wear and will also prevent excessive sweating.
16. Treatment with essential oils: A few days before Diwali, You can start treating your skin with steam. This will open the pores and clean them. Take boiling water in a large vessel and add a few drops of essential oils to it (can be any as per your skin type). Cover your head with a thick towel and let the steam wash your face. This will reveal smooth and glowing skin. It is a luxurious way to pamper your skin for festive seasons.
17. Cucumber for under-eye dark circles: Are you a victim of puffiness and under-eye dark circles?? You cannot surely rock your Diwali looks if you don’t pay attention to under-eye care. To give your under-eyes a surge of freshness, put sliced cucumbers and rest for about half an hour. This will remove all dullness, puffiness and darkness. If you don’t have time for this, then you can also gently massage your under eye area with a proper eye cream before bedtime. It will help you to get rid of raccoon eyes.
18. Cosmetic Procedures: Do you want to get speedy results and extra glow for your Diwali parties and don’t mind shedding extra bucks to get party ready?? Then, the best option is to go a salon and get it done. Procedures like microdermabrasion, chemical peels are available in the market and the best deal would be to get it done by a skin specialist. To get rejuvenated skin, you can also try treatments like mesotherapy with hyaluronic acids.
19. Meditation: In addition to following all the above mentioned tips, you can also relax your skin by meditating for about 20-30 minutes about twice or thrice a week. It calms your mind and body and reveals the natural glow on your face. You can also perform yoga and get wonderful results.
I hope you enjoyed reading the article and will these beauty tips to look your best and get the best glow for this Diwali.
Blue Diwali Eye Makeup Look
Diwali Special Makeup Tutorial – Gold Winged Eyeliner with Bright Lips
Diwali Festive Makeup Looks using Maybelline Instaglam Boxes
Diwali 2016 Copper and Gold Makeup Look + Cover FX Cream Concealer, Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector, Laura Mercier Candle Glow Soft Illuminator Foundation
102 Makeup Tips and Tricks For All Women