Today’s post is all about some quick, easy and delicious shakes and smoothies that you can look to include in your diet if you’re on a weight loss mission. Shakes and smoothies are very easy to make, they are wholesome, they contain a host of nutritious ingredients, and you can tweak them as per your preferences. The ingredients in these shakes and smoothies keep you satiated for longer hours and have ingredients that help reduce belly fat.
I have compiled a list of seven quick and easy shakes and smoothies that you can prepare for yourself at any time of the day. Keep in mind that you vary the portion sizes of the ingredients as per your preference.
Let’s take a look at what these are:
1. Classic Blueberry Smoothie: All you need for this is some frozen blueberries, some cold low-fat milk and some chia seeds. Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy this delicious berry smoothie every time you feel the hunger pangs.
2. Refreshing Strawberry Smoothie: Take some fresh strawberries, some low-fat milk or yogurt and some flaxseeds. Combine all the ingredients in a blender until you get a smooth pink beverage.
3. Mango and Avocado Smoothie: For this recipe, you will some fresh mango pulp. If you don’t have that, you could also use some mango juice. To this, you will have to add some mashed ripe avocado, some low-fat greek yogurt, some lemon juice, some sugar (you could also switch this up with brown sugar or honey) and some ice cubes. Mix all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth and enjoy this perfect summertime smoothie.
4. Kale and Spinach Smoothie: This one is the perfect concoction of all the healthy greens that you need in your diet. You will need some kale leaves, some spinach leaves, some lemon juice, an apple and a little bit of honey (if you’d like to add some sweetness to the drink). Blend in all the ingredients together to enjoy this super nutritious green shake. If you would like to add a spicy twist to this beverage, you could try adding in some pepper, some black salt and some Tabasco or chilli sauce to the mixture (before blending).
5. Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie: You can’t have a list of perfect shakes and smoothies without featuring banana! Banana is a wholesome fruit that keeps you full, gives you lots of energy and is perfect for those who are trying to keep their weight under control. This recipe includes some peanut butter, which makes it even more nutritious and delicious. You will need a ripe banana for this, some natural and homemade peanut butter (you could also used packaged options if you don’t have homemade peanut butter), some cold low-fat milk or yogurt, some honey, some chia seeds or flaxseed, and some ice cubes. Blend in all the ingredients together for a delicious and healthy dessert-like smoothie!
6. Fresh Citrus Smoothie: This one is for those who like fresh, citrusy flavours in their beverages. It is also perfect for this time of the year. For this, you will need some cold low-fat milk or yogurt, some flavoured yogurt (it would be great if you can find a citrus flavoured yogurt), some oranges, some ice cubes and some chia seeds or flaxseed. You could also add in some berries if you’d like that dimension of flavour. Blend in all the ingredients together for a fresh and delicious citrus flavoured smoothie.