WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Blackheads are a common phenomena for those with oily skin. A blackhead is a yellow or black spot, usually on the chin, forehead and sides of the nose, and occurs because of excess scretion of oil in the skin. When this oil gets clogged in the pores, blackheads occur. Blackheads appear as the pores of the skin get clogged. Clogging happens due commotion of sebaceous glands and lifeless skin cells, imbalance of the hormones, our diet, dehydration or excessive use of harmful cosmetic products.
It is very difficult to remove blackheads (squeezing them would not work) and if a blackhead gets infected, it might get swollen and turn into a pimple. So it is essential to remove blackheads as soon as they occur.
As you read, these causes can be minimized by a little care. First step towards this is to take care of the skin, routinely. No I don’t mean you show blow money at parlors.
There are no medical remedies for curing blackheads on the nose. But these can be removed manually but with a guided method. If not removed completely a blackhead may get infected.
There are a few steps to remove blackheads and these must be followed strictly as these are prone to infection if not handled carefully.
HOW TO REMOVE BLACKHEADS
- Wash your face with water. Use an exfoliating face wash which suits your skin.
- Gently rub on the blackheads with your finger tips. This will help to wash away the dead cells and alleviate the appearance of blackhead.
- Do not scrub too hard while exfoliating.
- After the face wash gently to pat the face dry and get ready to take a facial steam. You can add some antibacterial agent like tea tree oil.
- Steam helps to soften the skin and loosen the pores as well as the embedded oils in it. You have to take steam at least for 5 minutes to get the required softness.
- Pat the face to dry. Use tissue paper to wrap your index fingers.
You have to carefully stretch the skin where you have the blackhead. Roll your fingertips around the blackhead area; you will feel a bulge.
This will come off easily as the skin is already soft due to the steam. Wipe it and continue with the next area. Apply an antiseptic gel to close the pores.
Once removed, the best way to prevent blackheads from reoccurring is to use a combination of ingredients that unclog pores and reduce oil flow. Topical niacinamide, retinaldehyde and alpha + beta hydroxy acids are best for this purpose. Avoid the use of heavy moisturisers in areas that are prone to blackhead formation.