Hi gorgeous gals.. This is my first review on IMBB and I’m going to start off with the Cranberry Shimmer Lotion from The Body Shop. I got it last year when it was available in the Christmas season of Nov-Dec(while stocks last). i have been eyeing it for 2 years finally couldn’t resist last(and i am glad i couldn’t ). I picked it up from The Body Shop at Great India Place, Noida.
Price: Rs. 745 for 250 ml
I think the quantity is really good for the price as the lotion itself is a little too thick and i mix it with a lighter lotion
The Body Shop claims about the Cranberry Shimmer Lotion: “Best if you want to: Make sure your skin is soft, smooth and shimmering for the holidays with a light (nope), easily-absorbed (no-way!!) moisturizer that has a sweet, fruity scent.(yes!!!)
Best for: all skin types
How it works:
- Cranberry seed oil moisturizes skin.(true)
- Community Trade shea butter protects (no clue) and softens skin.(not really)
- Community Trade sesame oil moisturizes (true) and softens skin.(not really)
- Ingredients: Aqua, cetearyl alcohol, mica, glycerin, butyrospermum, perkii butter, isopropyl palmitate, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, sesamum indicum oil, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, parfum, dimethicone, glycol stearate, phenethyl alcohol, caprylyl glycol, vaccinium macrocarpon seed oil, carbomer, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, benzyl banzoate, linalool, tocopherol, glycine soja oil, citral, limonene, Cl 77891, Cl 17200
- Expires in: 3 years
Appearance and usage: The pump-type bottle is really attractive and reminds you instantly of festivities and everything glowy and sparkly.. also its hygienic to use as the pump allows you to dispense only as much as you need. and like any intelligently-packed product, the pump can be twisted and locked in place. I just toss the bottle in my bag when I travel(which I do a lot) and it has never ever spilled. This is what it looks like..
Storage: It’s been almost 11 months since i bought it and I have noticed that some of the lotion was kind of jammed at the mouth and i had some difficulty in making it come out when I pumped it after a break of around 2 months.. but the remaining quantity was in the original consistency..
but then I really do not have any control on that aspect as I can’t clean the mouth after each use. Unless I open the main cap, which I don’t for the fear of spilling..
Fragrance: Not too strong, not too light.. just right.. and very sensual! Though I do need to bring my hand closer to get a whiff of it. Not sure if it really smells of cranberries as i never really sniffed a cranberry as far as i can remember 😉 but i like it anyway..
Spread: It is a fairly thick lotion which does spread easily but does not get absorbed so smoothly.. this is how it is after moderate rubbing..
and this is after some more rubbing(white light)..
How do I use it: I usually mix one part of this lotion to two parts of some other light body lotion and just rub on my arms and legs or sometimes the neck. never on the face as i feel that will look very tacky and i am afraid of breaking out. and i must say that i love the shimmery party-ish effect. infact it makes me want to look at my skin again n again 🙂
The effect: the shimmer, i feel, is just right.. not glittery, not over-the-top, but very subtle and fine.. the pic above ahows it in white light.. and this is how it looks in yellow light..
Somehow it reminds me of the Biotique coconut milk cream which also has shimmer in it but is quite thicker than this one. That one though is priced at Rs. 199 and it also makes my skin appear a bit greasy.
Pros of The Body SHop Cranberry Shimmer Lotion:
- Love the subtle- shimmery effect
- Good value for money as a little goes a long way
- Does not irritate or react with skin in any way
- The shimmer stays for long
- Attractive and hygienic packing
- Fairly long shelf life(i would get bored of a product anyhow in so much time)
Cons of The Body SHop Cranberry Shimmer Lotion:
- Limited edition (i had to hunt a lot and kind of wait for it to appear in stores.. grabbed one as soon as i came to know its available. The SA’s at The Body Shop, Ludhiana had no clue about when it would be up for sale)
- A little too thick to spread easily by itself
- The fragrance does not really radiate out(if you know what i mean)
Will I repurchase: YES.. if I am ever able to finish this bottle as the quantity is really good and it’s not like i need to apply shimmer every day.
Rating: :-* :-*:-*:-* + 0.5 (marks cut on the consistency part)