Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm Review
I always had ignored my dry lips in the past. All I would do is swipe the gloss before I go out and have never noticed what effect it had left on my lips until I noticed a cracked lip later. I never like lip balms in pots so I always avoided The Body Shop lip balms. Though I tried Nivea and other brands I never applied them regularly until my sis recommended this Burt’s Bees lip balm. I grabbed this from her when she said it had improved her lip’s condition remarkably.
This lip balm comes in a 4.25 gms tube and costs approximately USD 3-5. I am not very sure. Sorry guys.
The lip balm claims to have pomegranate oil that soothes, nourishes and hydrates the lips. This lip balm is 100% natural and just smooth on for beautiful and healthy lips.
From Burt’s Bees
How it Works
Bring your lips back to beautiful. This replenishing and hydrating natural lip balm is infused with the antioxidant goodness of pomegranate oil. It replenishes moisture to reveal smooth, healthy lips, while it coats them with a hint of color for an even-toned appearance.
How to Use It
Apply balm liberally to lips as often as needed.
Pomegranate Oil — Pomegranate fruit extract, from the tree Punica granatum, contains several polyphenols and anthocyanidins, which are highly antioxidant, protecting hair and skin.
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool.
These days I am taking extra care of my lips so that I can use those MAC lip stains without any hesitation. So I apply this lip balm once in the morning and again in the night after I wipe my lips with rose water [as suggested by Rati]. Other than this whenever I feel the lip balm is no more on my lips I just swipe it once or twice.
What I like about this lip balm?
- Moisturizing – The lip balm is highly moisturizing as you can see the swatch. Some times I feel like I have applied some gloss on my lips 🙂
- Color – It leaves a light pink tint on my lips so I need not worry about applying any color on top of it while going for work. I really like this light pink shade on my lips.
- Easy to Carry – It comes in an easy to carry around tube.
- Intact Lid – The lid is intact so no messing up happens.
- Easy to Use – Since it is not in a pot I feel it is really convenient to use as I just twist the tube, rub it and that is it.
- Smell – It gives a mild cinnamon and pomegranate smell and I like it. It is very mild so not very drooling and also at the same time you can feel the taste 😉
- Lasting Power – It lasts really long. Mostly I apply it again only if I had to wash my face or lips. Else even if I eat or drink I still feel the balm on my lips.
- Price – I think the price is justified for what it does and also for the lasting power.
- Natural – This lip balm is 100% natural and it is obvious when you read the ingredients list. I really love the fact that I am applying castor oil, pomegranate oil and beeswax on my lips 🙂
I really wish I could have taken a pic of my lips before and after applying the balm so that you would have got an idea how much it has helped me. My lips that had cracks previously now looks completely nourished, moisturized and neat these days. I think I am almost ready for my MAC lip stains 😉
What I don’t like about this lip balm?
- I don’t have any complaints with this lip balm and I am very happy with the effect it showed on my lips. I will say it completely repaired my damaged and dry lips. For some reason my hubby says this has a weird smell or taste, but I haven’t felt anything of that sort!!! So I am not sure whether everyone will love the smell and taste.
- Availability – It is not easily available in India as far as I know. I really have to look around in pharmacies and drug stores to check this out.
My Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would I Repurchase? – Yes I will for the extra moisturization, 100% natural ingredients and light pink shade it leaves on my lips. This is my HG lip balm.
Also, Read :
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!