I’m back with another post! Today, we would be talking about if you can color or bleach your hair after rebonding. Hair rebonding is one of the most popular hair treatments which can help to give you smooth, silky, straight and hydrated tresses. It is a chemical based treatment which can relax your hair thus giving you straight and frizz-free hair. Rebonding is especially recommended for girls with curly or wavy hair.
Hair rebonding is similar to hair straightening, but in this process, hair relaxers are used to break the natural bonds of the cells and get rearranged to get straight hair. Due to a chemical used while rebonding hair, you need to care for your hair properly. Accurate maintenance is required to take care of rebonded hair.
One of the most common concerns is can you color or bleach your rebonded hair? What’s your take on this?
Let me explain about this in detail.
Can I Color or Bleach My Hair After Rebonding?
No, you cannot color or bleach your hair after rebonding. World class experts have said you should not opt for any chemical treatments on rebonded hair which means you should not bleach or color your hair after rebonding. Bleach contains a high amount of chemicals which may destroy the hair completely and leave you with frizzy hair. Also, there are chances that the chemicals in the bleach may react with the chemicals in the relaxers used for rebonding hair.
Not only bleach, but hair color also contains a high amount of chemicals which may completely ruin the texture of your rebonded hair. It may decrease the effectiveness of rebonded hair and also bring back the original texture of your tresses. Experts have warned that bleaching or coloring rebonded hair can damage your hair completely.
When Can I Color Or Bleach My Rebonded Hair?
After extensive research, I have found out that you should NOT color or bleach your hair after rebonding. If coloring or bleaching is really important, you can do it only after one year. Rebonding relaxers have a high amount of chemicals and hence it is recommended you should avoid opting for any kind of treatment on your hair.
Also if you end up choosing the wrong kind of color or bleach for your hair, you’ll be left with lifeless and dull hair. Some women opt for rebonding and coloring hair at the same time which might end up being very risky. Depending upon the type of relaxer used on your hair to rebond the hair, you should ask your expert if you can opt for coloring or not.
How to Take Care of Rebonded Hair
Some extra tips you should follow to take care of hair after rebonding.
1. You should trim your hair on regular basis in order to ensure proper growth and health of hair.
2. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair. Always wash your hair with cold water.
3. You should avoid putting your rebonded hair back or behind the ears. Hair tends to get the same shape how you keep your hair.
4. Avoid undergoing any other chemical treatment on your rebonded hair.
5. You should avoid swimming as the chemicals present in the pool water can destroy and damage your hair completely.
6. You should not wash your hair for three days after rebonding.
7. Choose the shampoo and conditioner wisely for your rebonded hair. You can ask the expert to recommend some of the best hair products for rebonded hair.
8. You should not wash your hair regularly. Instead, you wash your hair every alternate day or rinse your hair with conditioner.
9. Do not expose your hair towards the sun. Harsh sun rays and external factors may destroy your hair completely.
Hair Color: Hair Coloring Tips
Choosing The Right Hair Color For Indian Skin Tone
Best Shampoos For Coloured Hair Available in India
7 Hair Coloring Mistakes You should Avoid
“Hair Eclipting” – Everything You Need to Know About the Latest Hair Color Trend
5 Best Shampoos for Rebonded Hair
7 Best Hair Rebonding Creams
How to Maintain Hair After Rebonding
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth
8 Natural Ways to Improve Hair Density
10 Homemade Deep Conditioning Hair Masks
Keratin Treatment Vs Rebonding for Hair Smoothening
7 Best Conditioners For Rebonded Hair