How To Choose and Blend Foundation
A good foundation should be able to hide brown spots, redness and uneven skin tone. It should be light, and water based so that it blends well and does not settle on fine lines, highlighting them. In fact it is a good idea, as you cross 30, to invest in a liquid or mineral foundation for sheer coverage. After applying foundation be judicious with loose powder as too much of it can settle in the skin crevices and accentuate the wrinkles, and fine lines.
Dos in basic foundation application
- Pick a foundation with SPF that also moisturizes the skin and protects it from harmful sunrays.
- The shade that blends completely into your natural skin tone is the correct colour for you.
- If you cannot find the right shade, choose two shades closest to your skin – one lighter, and one darker. Mix the two to get the right hue.
- Blend, blend, and blend! Use a foundation brush, and sponge to get a flawless coverage.
Don’ts in basic foundation application
- Avoid foundation that is lighter than your tone, or else you will have a mask like effect
- Foundation is for uniformity of the skin tone. So do not try to achieve a one or two shade fairer look. You might end up looking grey.
- Avoid heavy cream based foundation.
EXPERT’S ADVICE On Foundation Application
While choosing your shade always test the foundation on your jaw line and blend towards the neckline, instead of testing it on your wrist. Also, a light diffusion foundation can be a good option as it draws attention away from the wrinkles. – Devika, Make- up Artist, Bella Madonna
- Hydrate your skin well before putting on foundation for a fresh look.
- You can also use a primer as it prepares the skin well by filling in the lines before the makeup goes on.
- Less is better, so avoid a full heavy coverage because it will exaggerate your wrinkles.
9 thoughts on “How to Choose, Blend Foundation on Skin- Tips and tutorial”
rati, jack pot 🙂 seems u have a great network 🙂
foundation ideas are really tricky, so must be cautious while picking the perfect mate 🙂 wat say?
I personally test the foundation on my jawline. It it blends my skin tone well, I buy it. I think buying foundations are nothing less than a gamble. 😛 The sad part here in India is that you don’t get too many shades to explore. Lakme has just 3 shade. How can you quantify tones tones in just 3 shades.
I am looking forward to buy Revlon colourstay mousse next. Have you tried it?
Rati I agree with you completely…….the shades available are too few………….
I have been gambling but yet to find the perfect foundation…………..Will be trying Estee lauder next.lets c how it turns out to be.
rati m a dry skin person…….. can u suggests me a good foundation under 500 bucks……….