First off, here is a declaration; I have 45 Colorbar lipsticks including soft touch, creamy mattes, liquid lip colour, long stay etc….but the maximum ones I have are creamy mattes. Apart from that, I have some ten lip glosses too by colorbar. J not to mention the other stuff like blushes , eye liners, lip pencils, foundation etc.. I have been using Colorbar since 2006 and so I have managed to hoard a huge collection of this brand that I love to death. The SA at all the colorbar counters where ever I go, rolls out a red carpet for me (in my hubby’s terminology) and they even have my contact number to update me of any new stock that they get as I have already exhausted their existing stock and they don’t know what else to sell me! They always get surprised by how I remember the names of the colours without even reading them on the pack! I should be getting some reward for that. One of the girls told me that she has trouble remembering the names of all shades and must learn something from me for her next training! Not to mention, they always have huge offer of goodies for me as my minimum bill with them every 15 days is Rs 2000. I have their pouches, kitchen sets, trousseau boxes, small clutch and what not! They are always very kind to me and always help me to the max. They recommend the best shades and the best offers to come. I have even introduced many of my friends to Colorbar, so that in turn makes the SA very pleased. In short I love Colorbar and will always buy this brand no matter how much ever they elevate the prices! There are good offers with them always! I need to mention here that the ten lipsticks I am using here were not got on any offer. Only 1 of them was got on an offer, the rest 9 are purchased by me by my own money! Creamy mattes were initially 95Rs, and then escalated to 110, then 175 now I guess they are for around 200…I am not sure! They have also changed the packing these days from square to round, thanks god they still carry the same colours I love. Although my favourite all time shade is brick and peach, here I have included one from many colour groups that I do wear and are my favourites. Peach and brick are like home and the remaining colour families are my holidays! I always come back home! I had initially thought I shall review only 5 favorite shades but when I started, one after the other, my fave shades started calling out to me!i didnt wanna discriminate so I picked up 10 shades from my lipstick box.:) I guess that’s fair enough. What say?i even have doubles of many of my colorbar lipsticks like mocha, rock you baby, twig etc…so that declares me completely mad. Yeah I know I should jump off the cliff.
- The five in the top row are: Twig: This was one of my very first purchases. It’s a brownish brick colour which looks great on fair complexions. It is very pigmented and I single glide is enough. Two coats make it a party wear. I have double of this.
- Temptation: this one is a sultry purple one. But you need to apply it with a lip brush to sheer it out. It really stains your lips but makes your complexion look fairer, wear it with a neutral eye. Beautiful color. The perfect shade of purple. Pair it with Plum lipliner by colorbar. The color may bleed.
- Rock you baby: this one was late discovery but I love it. It is frosted peach and will look amazing on fairer skin tones. It’s ideal for daily wear. Pair it with matte eyes.I have a double of this.
- Desire: this is like a brownish pink and really matte. I always get compliments on this one. Wear it with a lip liner with neutral eyes. Very nice for evening wear. Suitable for all complexions. Pair it with Moody Maroon lip liner by colorbar. The color may bleed. I have a double of this.
- Bronx: Needless to say, this is a typical bronze color. Very sheer and you will need two coats for it to show the bronze. Great for evening wear again.
Bottom row 5: Greek Goddess: this may look close to Bronx but if you want a goldenish sheer on your lips, this is ideal, this one is very frosted (yet they call it creamy matte). Its like a goldenish light brown color.
- Irish rose: I love this one. Its absolutely matte pink and great for daily wear, instantly brightens up complexion and stays put whole day long. Very suitable for all complexions. Pair it with Nude Pink lip liner (reviewd by Rati)
- Mocha: this is closer to twig but lighter than that, very matte orangy color and that’s my all time favourite. Pair it with True Red lip liner by colorbar. The color may bleed.I have a double of this.
- Sugar Sugar: it’s a frosted bright pink., almost like a Barbie color. I cant carry frosted pinks , so I sheer it out with a lip brush and nude lip gloss.
- Brick-o-la: This is very close to Desire but darker than that. Need a lip brush for this one again. It is towards the maroonish side and great for all are maroon sarees. Pair it with Moody Maroon lip liner again. I have a double of this after a friend took one from me.
- Irish rose(matte pink)
- Mocha (matte orange)
- Rock You Baby(frosted peach)
Go ahead and indulge.