WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
ColorBar Star Shine Lip Gloss – 012 Pink Kiss Review
Hello IMBB Beauties! During a recent Colorbar haul I picked up the ColorBar Star Shine Lip gloss in 012 Pink Kiss. I am going to review it here today.
It comes in the typical silver cardboard packaging, which has the list of ingredients as well. I threw it away so I can’t list the ingredients
I couldn’t find the product listed on the Colorbar website.
Cost: Rs 250
Quantity: 6 ml
Product life: 2 years
Shades: A varied shade selection from browns to nudes to pinks to corals.
Packaging: The outer packaging is silver cardboard – the typical Colorbar packaging. The lipgloss comes in cylindrical plastic tube. It has a silver metal cap with a doe shaped applicator. The packaging is quite sturdy which I like.
I was looking out for a pinky lip gloss as I didn’t have one in my collection. I always have a tough time finding “Mera wala pink” – be it lipstick or lip glosses as there are too many pink shades out there.
Pink Kiss is a cool toned pink lip gloss with fine silver shimmer. It has a mauve touch to it. I generally don’t feel comfortable wearing mauve shades as they make my lip looks darker. The lipgloss is quite pigmented. It is not opaque but at the same time is not very sheer either. The texture is very smooth and very slightly sticky. I don’t like super sticky glosses. It has a sweet vanilla candy like taste and smell. Not very strong or something that would bother you.
What I like about the lip Gloss:
1. Smooth texture.
2. Good pigmentation.
3. Good staying Power – its last a good 3-4 hours with eating and drinking before it starts fading away.
4. The texture is such that it doesn’t look like lipgloss at all. Feels like you are wearing a lipstick. Not super shiny on lips. This is something I like as I have outgrown my student days of super shiny glossy lips.
5. It is very slightly sticky – I don’t like super sticky glosses as my hair keeps sticking on to them.
6. It has fine shimmer but barely visible on the lips.
7. Even after the gloss has faded away the shimmer is not left over on the lips.
8. Good price and quantity.
9. It is moisturizing. Doesn’t leave the lips dry.
10. Very good shade collection – with and without shimmer.
11. Ingredients mentioned.
12. Easy to identify if you have several shades.
13. Sturdy packaging – Not leaky.
14. The applicator wand is nice and sturdy and not flimsy.
What I don’t like about the lip Gloss:
1. The taste and smell could be a problem for sensitive noses. Not an issue for me though.
2. Availability might be an issue in some cities.
I totally love this shade and I am glad to have tried this. When I don’t know what lip product to use I use this. It is a match with everything kind of shade, giving you a fresh and youthful look.
Here are the pictures of the other ColorBar products I picked up based on recommendation from IMBB:
1. I-glide pencil in Prunella and Jaded. I can’t wait to get my hands on Flirty Turquoise, Goldmine, Coal Mine and Black out. I am totally in love with these pencils. They are the softest and creamiest pencils I have used till date.
2. ColorBar Blush in Peachy Rose – my first blush. Gorgeous color. Though I am still struggling with blush application.
3. I also picked up I-glide pencils in Electra and Silver Hue for my sister.
4. I got two black colorbar purses free with my purchase. Kept one for myself and gave the other to my sister.
I am very happy with my haul. Great products with great prices.
Also Read :
Colorbar Star Metal Lip Gloss Photos, Swatches
Lakme Lip Gloss Review
Colorbar Exclusive Makeup Pouch Photos, Swatches
Colorbar Juicy Candy Gloss Review
Colorbar Perfect Gloss – Ripe Apple Review, Swatches