ColourPop has recently launched its new Lux Lipstick collection and the makeup lovers like me are going gaga over the formula of these lipsticks. This is the first time the brand has come up with traditional bullet lipsticks and I have been obsessed with Colourpop for a long time and so excited to try their Lux lipsticks. I picked 6 shades during my last order. Will be reviewing the other shades soon!
· LUX it up. Enriched with our LUX Blend of butters, this creamy-matte, long wearing lipstick glides on the skin for intense pigmentation in shades made for every skin tone.
· This full coverage lipstick is packed full of the finest pigments to give you long wearing, true color in shades made for every skin tone.
· This formula glides on like butter and has a creamy matte finish. Our exclusive LUX blend of Acai, Jojoba and Pomegranate Seed butters hydrate and keep your lips looking fresh AF.
· Natural antioxidants protect your lips from environmental stressors and premature aging.
· Finish Satin
· Shade Reds, Oranges
· Cruelty Free
· Net Weight 3.5g (0.12oz)
Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Hydrated Silica, Flavor, ButyrospermumParkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol, ElaeisGuineensis (Palm) Butter, SimmondsiaChinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Euterpe Olerecea Pulp Powder, PunicaGranatum Seed Oil, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Packaging: Well, this is my first ever rose gold packaging when it comes to lipsticks. The bullet of the lipstick is adorned with stars that gives it a unique look. The tubes are heavy weight making them feel luxurious and the rose gold with stars is a glam slam! Good job ColourPop!!
Shade: The color “On Repeat” is described as an orange red. The color is true to its description and looks gorgeous on my fair skin. I have to say that I like the feel of it on my lips – extremely smooth. One swipe gives good pigmentation, but two swipes give opaque finish that lasts for 6 hours, without meal. I absolutely love this color and have been wearing it almost everyday since its purchase. It’s a nice everyday orange color for warm undertones.
My experience with ColourPop LUX Lipstick On Repeat:
The tube is gorgeous and feels very luxurious and heavy. It not just looks luxurious but is very sturdy and the chances of it breaking is less because, we ladies are quite messy sometimes. Lining the lips with a lip liner would definitely help achieve a sculpted look.
The packaging is to die for! The shades is bold and trendy that gives my lips luxurious, rich color with intense hydration in just one stroke. The finish is satin so it is very moisturizing and smooth. I love the mild shea butter fragrance of these lipsticks.
On Repeat is more of a pop of color for work wear or for a night out. As the name suggests, it is a wonderful everyday lipstick. It lasts for about 6 hours, fading beautifully. It transfers a lot and stains the lips too. So, reapplication is required after the meals. All in all, I love the formula and the shade.
Pros of ColourPop LUX Lipstick On Repeat:
- Elegant packaging.
- Very soft and creamy formula.
- Excellent intensity in one swipe.
- Perfect shade for Indian skin tone.
- Feels moisturising on the lips.
- Has mild shea butter fragrance.
- Available in many shades.
Cons of ColourPop LUX Lipstick On Repeat:
- Tends to bleed.
- Wipes off in a single meal.
- Not easily available, considering you have to order it online.
IMBB Rating: 4.3/5
Would you Recommend/Repurchase ColourPop LUX Lipstick On Repeat?
Well yes to both. I’m literally bored with Ultra Matte formula that makes my lips dry. The formula of Lux Lipsticks is extremely smooth and moisturising. I cannot wait to try out more colours!!
ColourPop Lux Lipstick Lay Over
ColourPop Ghosted Lux Lipstick
ColourPop Arriba Ultra Matte Lipstick
ColourPop More Better Ultra Matte Lip Liquid Lipstick
Colourpop Zipper Ultra Matte Lip Liquid Lipstick
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Little Weapon
e.l.f. Wine Tour Moisturizing Lipstick
Burt’s Bees 512 Fuchsia Flood Lipstick
ELF Studio Party In The Buff Moisturizing Lipstick