A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die. -Mary Manson
Just how true are these words of Mary Manson. Giving birth to a child is indeed what every women carves for and this feeling is unmatched to any other pleasures of life.
But with this bliss comes some inconveniences that are experienced by every women before becoming a mother.
Some of the common pregnancy problems are as follows:
1) Vomiting: It is a basic pregnancy problem a women suffers throughout her pregnancy but incase its frequency increases then medical attention is required.
2) Morning sickness: Hormonal changes lead to morning sickness which can, unlike it’s name, last all day. The best way to avoid morning sickness is to eat small meals, avoid fluids with meals and keep the air ventilation of your house at its best.
3) Swelling: It is another common problem among pregnant women although the degree of swelling may vary from person to person. Avoid standing for long at a stretch and wear comfortable shoes or inserts especially designed to counter this problem.
4) Weight gain: In pregnancy all women gain weight so no need to worry about it unnecessarily and also do not stop yourself from eating frequently.
5) Insomnia: Hormonal changes and discomfort may be the reason for insomnia during pregnancy. Caffeine, alcohol and fatty foods should be avoided to deal with this problem.
6) Fatigue: Proper sleep and rest should be taken to avoid fatigue during pregnancy. Diet rich in iron should be taken to avoid anaemia which causes tiredness in the body.
7) Back ache: Due to the increased weight around the belly area women suffer from back ache during pregnancy. Wear comfortable shoes and avoid lifting heavy objects as it may aggravate this problem.
8) Abdominal pain: During second and third trimesters it is normal to have abdominal pain because it is during this time that the pelvis makes room for the baby but incase constant pain prevails then seeking medical attention becomes a must.
9) Constipation: It occurs due to the metabolic changes in the body. Increase the intake of water and eat a diet rich in fibers.
10) Leg cramps: Toe curling exercises should be done before going to bed at night. Gently massage the affected area. Food rich in magnesium and potassium can be consumed.
11) Breathlessness: This problem occurs due to the increased pressure in the body of a pregnant woman. Just relax whenever you are feeling short of breath and ask for help if the problem increases.
In addition to these there are some more common pregnancy problems like headaches, high blood pressure, food carvings and sore throats.
Though some of these problems are unavoidable yet some can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle during the pregnancy period which will have a positive effect on both i.e. the mother and the baby. After all healthy child is what every mother wants.
A-Z Guide to Pregnancy Weeks
Pregnancy: Diet to Conceive a Baby Girl
Pregnancy Diet for Conceiving a Baby Boy
Pregnancy- Myths, Diet and Abortion
How To Stay Fit and Look Good During Pregnancy
Yoga Exercises During Pregnancy
How to Dress During Pregnancy
20 Points for Planning Your Pregnancy
Post Pregnancy Abdominal Exercises
Beauty Regimen After Pregnancy : Ask IMBB