Hello Lovely Ladies!
How is the festive mood settling in? Today, I am not doing an OOTD and instead reviewing a makeup product. This is my first makeup review, yay! I got this makeup palette as a gift from my in-laws when they came down to visit us. I don’t use eye makeup on a daily basis, but I finally tried this product to see how it looks like on me. My eyes are deeply set and thus eye shadows can’t be seen properly until I close my eyes or look down. So, please bear with me if it’s not as perfect as the reviews that you generally come across on IMBB 😛
The packaging of this Dior palette looks very sleek from the outside. It almost looks like a cute clutch with that pretty bow. It comes with a small booklet with information about the ingredients and how to create different makeup looks.
The palette consists of the following:
- Dior skin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup.
- Eye shadows in Mauve and Taupe.
- Highlighting Eye shadow in Rose Powder.
- Cream Liner in Aubergine.
- Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm SPF 10.
- Gloss in Rose Coquette.
- Lipstick in Rouge Blossom.
- Dior show Iconic Mascara (which you all might have already heard about).
- 2 double tipped makeup brushes.
This is how it looks like from the inside:
Not sure as it was a gift (might be around Rs 5000?)
What I Like about Dior Celebration Collection Multi Look Makeup Palette:
- Nice packaging. It is very compact and easy to use in flights or while travelling.
- The lipstick seemed very bright, but was very soft and nice. The lip balm is a good complement to the lipstick as it preps you up for it.
- I don’t like compact brushes, but these ones are surprisingly well made and easy to use.
- The mascara is the best part of this palette; it gives a very dramatic look.
- Though the quantity seems very less, the compact powders give a very natural look.
- The soft and shimmery eye shadows are good to wear at night and last long.
What I Do Not Like about Dior Celebration Collection Multi Look Makeup Palette:
- The aubergine eye liner looks like faded black to me and is suitable to be used as an eye shadow for creating a smokey look, but not by itself as an eye liner.
- The lip gloss hardly does anything and feels too sticky.
- The price is on the higher end, but the quality of these two items disappointed me.
Here’s how it finally looked like on me:
In future, I would definitely want to buy the mascara again and look out for more Dior lipsticks, but will not buy the same makeup palette.