A dull and stressed out face needs a nice facial to relax. Facial, as we all know is the best way to pamper our face and rejuvenate. Facial has always been a part of every woman’s beauty regime since time immemorial. It makes skin soft and supple. It’s a process which helps us get rid of dead skin, dust and excessive oil. It helps in stimulation of blood circulation, along with moisturizing the skin.
But when you have a party to go to and no time to fix an appointment with a professional nor the time for the 5 step “cleanse—exfoliate-steam-mask-moisturize” how can the beauty look at it’s best?
Here is a step-by-step procedure to discover the gorgeous you in minutes:
1. Face pack: Choose for an appropriate face pack, keeping in mind your skin type. You could either opt for commercial face pack or home made one. Preferably use clay based.
3. Face cream/ moisturizer
5. Rose water
8. Cucumber slices/ freshly steeped tea bags
9. Warm cloth and a wash cloth
10. Nice relaxing music
Here we go:
• To start with, play your favourite music to create a relaxing ambiance.
• Pull back your hair; tie it or hold back using a headband.
• Remove all traces of make-up using cleansing milk.
• Cleanse your face using a gentle cleanser and warm water to get rid of dust and excessive oil from your face. Move your fingers in circular motion to lather. Pat your face dry using a wash cloth. One should never rub the wash cloth to dry the face as it causes wrinkles and after all who wants to look old.
• Mix 1 tsp honey and ½ tsp of lemon juice. Apply honey and lemon on your face and neck. Keep it for 2 minutes, in the mean time prepare your face pack, in case you are preparing the pack at home, you can mix honey and lemon juice in the pack itself.
• Apply the face pack on your face. Don’t forget to pay attention to your neck as it is the first place which starts showing the signs of aging. Also, neck is the most beautiful part of our body and yes, the most seductive too! 😉
• Remember to apply the pack in the upward direction.
• Place the cucumber slices on your eyes and relax. Just lie down and enjoy the music till your pack dries.
• Once your face pack has dried off, wet your face with rose water.
• Mix equal quantities of your favourite face cream or moisturiser and scrub (take quantity sufficient for your face). Walnut or papaya scrub would be a nice option. In case you don’t have scrub with you at home, don’t worry use your kitchen. You can mix one spoon of salt and sugar in equal quantity with 2 table spoons of cream.
• Massage this mixture on your face, with the pack still on. Always move your fingers in circular motion and in upward direction. Your fingers should move in swift yet firm motion. Lift your chin up and massage your neck using upward strokes. Use firm strokes. Start from the centre, move your hands under your jaw, outwards to the ear.
Then using small upward strokes, work the entire under-chin area from side to side. Massage the rest of your face, using upward and outward strokes, and circular motions. Similarly, use upward and outward strokes on your forehead.
Make a ‘V’ with two fingers of one hand and put it on your face. Using the index finger of the other hand, massage the skin inside the V area. Move this ‘V’ all around your face.
Do keep in mind, that one should not exert too much pressure on the face, while massaging it.
• In case you feel dryness, use rose water. Do this exercise for 5 -8 minutes.
• Wash off with warm water.
Voila you are ready to go.
Here’s a video on how to do facial at home: