Hope all of you are in pink of your health! Today I am here to share my first high end beauty balm purchase with you all and it is another example of pampering, satisfaction, bliss and respect that we get from IMBB. I have no words to express my gestures towards IMBB and I really wish my silence and feelings gain power of words to tell Rati-sanjeev sir how they touch our lives intentionally and sometimes unintentionally even! I wish eternal success, happiness and prosperity for IMBB and everyone close to IMBB directly or indirectly.
Talking about my gift, I am getting inspiration from you all to try face make up once again in life. I choose Dr Jart + black label bb balm this time because I already like their skin care products and this beauty balm is infused with skin friendly ingredients including titanium dioxide & zinc oxide what else I need in my life? So, let’s see how far my obsession for Dr jart+ Detox Black label BB Beauty balm leads finally.
Price: $36 for 1.5 Fl Oz (40 ml) and $18 for 0.66 Oz
Packaging: This creamy beauty balm comes in classy, sturdy and sleek black tube packaging with pump dispenser opening apart from safety cap. It fetches full on marks for user friendly, hygienic and travel friendly packaging.
My take on Dr Jart Black Label Detox Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 25:
As of now this particular beauty balm is available in one universal shade and which I believe, would not work for many skin tones including: medium / light / tan / dark/olives irrespective of warm/cool or neutral undertones. Even, majority of our Indian skin tone falls somewhere between light-tan shades hence we may feel slightly disappointed. I think it is meant for porcelain/fair beauties with pink or neutral undertones preferably.
The irony is, I am totally in love with the texture and feel of this balm on my skin. But it’s over luminous pinkish finishing on my warm and fair skin tone (for few initial hours) in bright day time is slight turn off for me. I mean, it blends easily on my freshly scrubbed and moisturized skin but that luminous pinkish glow, which can be easily pulled off in night parties and evening hang outs, certainly does not work in bright day light especially in summers. However it melts and matches with my skin tone after few hours (I won’t say it is oxidizing on my skin). To be precise, this is definitely what I would like to get for winter wedding occasions and night parties but it certainly does not seem fit for my summer day time make up routine when I appear slight warmer than usual.
It is very light weight on my skin and I literally need smallest pea size drop to smooth on my skin. I did found it difficult to apply initially but eventually realized that it works well when applied with brush rather than finger tips while working in small quantity. After few trial and errors strategy I finally learned how to effortlessly blend it on my skin. I never felt any need of skin primer before using this balm as it alone takes care of my oily, acne prone skin along with open pores and light blemishes. It does not clog my oily pores nor does it settle on my bumpy acne spots. It conceals my mild acne, blemishes upto great extent apart from blurring open pores. I use my new urban decay good karma optical blurring brush for effortless blending and fair results. I would suggest to use it sparsely on brush as a smallest drop goes long way. Another key for dream result is to just scrub hard and hydrate skin really well as it tends to settle on even mild dry patches.
Moreover, it gives me dewy yet non shiny face for good 4+ hours irrespective of using setting powder. It has great staying power of 6+ hours on my oily skin with slight powder touch ups in between that too very rare. I usually wear it alone without primer and setting powder and it gives me good 5+ hours of staying power there after I gently blot out oil off my cheeks and nose (areas with prominent pores) and I am done for rest of the evening. Throughout my trial and error sessions with this balm I never developed any skin issues further on my oily, acne prone skin. I am running in late twenties with mild fine lines around eye area and I never felt stretchy or dry skin with this balm on. It gives me quite youthful dewy look. I believe for ageing beauties blessed with soft, supple problem free normal/dry, combination/oily skin it might be a boon provided their skin tone matches this one. Moreover, finely scrubbed and well hydrated skin is the key for dream finishing! Anyways, you won’t regret its unavailability in Indian market.. 😛
Pros of Dr Jart Black Label Detox Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 25:
• A cruelty free beauty balm infused with goodness of various botanical extracts plus SPF sunscreen protection of spf 25
• A smallest pea size drop goes long way to cover face and neck at one go
• It blends effortlessly with any type of blending brush
• It works best on freshly scrubbed and well hydrated skin
• It gives medium coverage on my fair and warmer undertone skin with oily acne prone skin type
• It works great with or without primer on my oily, acne prone skin
• It gives me 5+ hours of glowing yet oil free skin without primer and setting powder thereafter requiring gentle powder touch ups
• It stays for good 6+ hours on my skin thereafter melting onto my skin and enhancing natural glow and I would not call it oxidizing as it matches my skin tone and looks pretty fine
• It does not give me uneven or streaky look
• It does not accentuate my oily, acne prone skin as well as open pores instead conceals them for decent hours
• It gives fresh, dewy youthful glow over all and does not accentuate or settle in fine lines making them more prominent thankfully
• Hygienic pump dispenser packaging plus fragrance free balm at affordable deal
Cons of Dr Jart Black Label Detox Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 25:
• This one and only universal shade might be tricky on most of Indian light/medium skin tones even
• Even it gives me over luminous pinkish glow during day time which looks slight odd in day time summers though it melts after few hours leaving behind natural finish
• It might settle on light dry patches even hence scrub hard and hydrate well prior using it especially
• We all have many great options in Indian/international market which will fulfill our expectations completely
Well, I believe we all need to scrub hard and hydrate well prior of using any make up, it gives dream perfect finish and so is the case with this balm which is pretty okay! I have only one issue that I cannot wear it during day time other than that I like it and considering it for my winter vacations as well as wedding events in India. However this is certainly not included in my next shopping haul as I am looking for ideal match for my skin tone in summers. For me it gets 3.5/5 (I wish it could have been my dream match to get full on rating).