ELF Studio HD Blush – Diva and Superstar Review
It was 12:00 AM midnight, when I awoke with a startle at the chime of my android. Clearly annoyed that my beauty sleep was disturbed, I groped for my gadget drowsily. Soon enough, the corners of my mouth begin to form a smile on seeing the ad from E.L.F about their new studio HD blush. Wide awake and curious, I scanned the E.L.F site as fast as my eyeballs could read. I had to order this before it ran “out of stock.”
So, let’s have a peek at some swatches.
I did swatch them and oh my! they are so very pigmented, a little too pigmented dare I say.
Take a look:
Diva (bright pink shade).
Superstar (soft coral).
Pros of ELF Studio HD Blush – Diva and Superstar:
- Inexpensive, ELF Studio Blush sells for $3. These could give Make Up Forever blushes a run for their money (MUFE blush costs around 26$).
- Very pigmented color. This is both a pro and a con. A con as I will soon site the reason. It is so pigmented that this could easily pass as a lip color. If anything, you can use as a lip stain rather than a blush.
- Lightweight and neat packaging.
- Long lasting.
Cons of ELF Studio HD Blush – Diva and Superstar:
- Way too pigmented for a blush? I squirted the tiniest dot on the back of my hand and used a small stippling brush to sheer it out. I wiped my brush to dust the excess off and then applied it to my cheeks since I didn’t want to go out looking like I joined the circus. A little product goes a long way.
- Questionable shade choices. The only natural shade choice that I could say was Superstar and/or Headliner. Diva and the rest of the shades for a blush seem too dark for my liking. However for my chocolate-colored sisters say from NC47 onwards (MAC reference), I believe these shades would be beautiful on them.
- The dispensing pump. Even if you try to push the pump the slightest bit, you still get too much product. However carefully I tried, being it less pressure, soft touch, the product wasted was too much.
I would still highly recommend this product for the price, quality and as a great dupe for MUFE blush. The finish on the skin is soft, matte and natural. For the price, you really can’t beat them. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will release additional shades.
Hope you all enjoyed this post!
ELF Studio Eye Primer and Liner Sealer
ELF Studio Cream Eyeshadow – Bronzed
E.l.F Studio Flawless Finish Foundation
ELF Studio Glossy Gloss Merry Cherry
Make Up For Ever HD Blush # 6 Quickie
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Inglot AMC Liquid Face Blush 82
Coloressence High Definition Powder
Inglot AMC Liquid Face Blush #83
14 thoughts on “ELF Studio HD Blush – Diva and Superstar Review”
OMG god betsy again a great post from u
Im drooling at the shade 🙂
keep them coming
These r so pretty 🙁
Elf come to india pleaseeee!
Lovely review Betsy 🙂
i want that coral shade! Its sooooo gorgeous! Lovely review 😀
Wow thats a cool blush betsy! Worth every bit to be woken up at midnight!!!!!!!!!!! OLove the coral shade! As usual all of us will start going now ELF products not available in India!!!!!!!!!
The blushes look so cute……what a pretty pink shade 🙂
Loving them…very cute bottles…but too much of product that too such a pigmented one in one dispense…. :/
Aarbee I am behind you in line for coral…
wish they had been released when i last ordered stuff from e.l.f!! i soooooooo wanna get these! n they have some pretty amazing odr colors too!!
i wish elf to be in india also or atleast ship here..:(
fab shades !!
I believe y’all can order from eyeslipsface.com?Its a really good bargain
I didnt know blushes came in the consistency of foundations too…! I have just powder ones..