How to do Eye Makeup
A great eye makeup is the only way you can accentuate your entire look to a totally different level. These are the basics on how to apply eye makeup:-
1) Prep your eyes: – Beginners mainly make mistake of not moisturizing their eye area & directly move to eyeshadow application which is why the overall eye makeup look does not come out as expected. You can prep your eyes for eye makeup in 3 ways:-
- Light eye cream: – Look for ingredients like caffeine, retinol & vitamin C in an eye cream. Use an eye cream according to your specific concern and eye makeup look.
- Concealer: – Use it to cover dark circles. Apply 3-4 dots of concealer under your eyes and then gently pat with finger or a brush. Because the eye area is so delicate one should never rub the area during makeup.
- Eye Primer: – Primers are meant to help eyeshadows last longer without creasing & smudging.
2) Apply Eye Base: – Base is a plain cream color that is used to make the color of your eyeshadow pop. A base ideally should be close to your skin tone but you can use a tinted one too depending on the color of the eyeshadow you want to apply.
3) Apply Eyeshadow: – Standard eyeshadow application is the 3-toned one. Use a flat eyeshadow brush and apply any color you want on eyelid. Build this with a darker color in the crease with a blending brush. Ideally it should be 2 shades darker than your skin tone (neutral or any color). Go back and forth in circular motion around your crease to blend it out. Use a matte eyeshadow on the crease area since it’s easily blendable, however you can opt for other finishes too. Then apply a darker color (compared to others applied) on the outer edge of your eyes in V shape. This will make your eyeshadows stand out more.
4) Use Highlighter: – You can use 2 types of eyeshadows for you eye makeup; with a satin or shimmer finish as a highlighter. Use a light color close to your skin tone. Dab it on your browbone, focusing more on the mid-brow outward. Blend it with a finger or brush.
5) Apply Eyeliner: – You can use either pencil, liquid or gel eye liner for your eye makeup. Line as close to the upper lashes as possible from the outer corner to inner corner. Follow with liner on the bottom. Make sure the width and length of the liner on both eyes are exact same.
6) Shade your brow (Optional): – Use an eyebrow pencil and line the bottom of the brow and move along the shape of your eyebrows. Then push the color lightly upwards your brow. Blend it and move towards the brow arch. You can make your arch higher using the pencil and then lightly shade the tail of your brows. Use an eyebrow comb to define the look.
7) Apply Mascara: – Optionally, you can curl your lashes before applying mascara. Place the wand of mascara brush at the bottom of your lashes & move it back and forth. Apply more coats for added effect. Apply to bottom lashes too.
And you are done with your makeup 🙂