Eyetex Kajal is one of my HG products which had kind of disappeared from the market for a long time! I can’t really express my happiness in words when I found it out again few weeks back at a shop. Months back I did the blunder of giving away my Eyetex kajal to a friend who was so keen to get this but couldn’t find it in any shops at her place. I was confident that I can buy a new one but to my despair I searched in so many shops and it was out of stock. I kind of convinced myself and switched to Lotus which I like a lot too but Eyetex remained as my HG Kajal. Once I spotted a new herbal version of this called Eyetex Kajal Supreme-Herbally enhanced, I grabbed it but it was not at all like the old one and I switched back to Lotus again. And then came the day when I finally saw my cutie in a small shop and I bought two, for the fear that it might vanish again!!
There are basically three types of Eyetex Kajal – Eyetex Kajal Stick (in the form of a cone), then there is Eyetex Kajal Supreme (which is pen type), and the latest one is Eyetex Kajal Supreme – Herbally Enhanced (which is in cone form and comes packed in a lipstick like case) Pics are given in the same order:
I have tried two of these so far and here comes the review of both, Eyetex Kajal Supreme (my HG) and also Eyetex Kajal Supreme – Herbally Enhanced:
Eyetex Kajal Supreme:
I was never a kajal person before I saw my colleague who had this thick kajal lined beautiful eyes all the time, whose eyes looked lifeless on days when she wore some other liner. I was keen on finding out which brand she uses and to my surprise she showed me this thick pen type Kajal and it was for the first time I decided to try out this brand Eyetex. I bought it on the same day and started loving this product from then onwards.
Eyetex Kajal supreme is a Non-smudge kajal which comes in easy-to-handle pen-type container.
Price: Rs 20!!!
What I like the most in Eyetex Kajal Supreme:
• The rich, glossy, black color it gives to my eyes- this is in fact the most intense black kajal I have used so far.
• Very easy to use since it is in the form of a thick pen.
• Very cheap-costs just 20 bucks!!
• Doesn’t smudge a lot, am not saying it doesn’t smudge at all and of course it varies from person to person. Stays on my watery eyes for a long time without fading away.
• Doesn’t sting/irritate eyes; am saying this since I have the most sensitive eyes which turns red, waters and burns easily.
What I dint like about Eyetex Kajal Supreme:
• Not easily available- not sure of it availability across India, since it is from a company (Aravind Laboratories) based at Tamilnadu and no clue about how strong is the distribution network in other places except Kerala and Tamilnadu.
• Packaging is not very attractive. Black with a cheap looking golden cap, but you can’t expect much for just Rs 20!
• No info about ingredients.
Will I Re-purchase: Done that already and will keep doing as long as it is available.
My Rating would be 4 out of 5.
Eyetex Kajal Supreme – Herbally enhanced
I bought this one when my favorite kajal was out of stock in most shops and had lots of expectation since this came from the same brand and additionally with the goodness of herbal ingredients. Though this kajal dint meet my expectation in terms of color pay-off, I won’t say that it is not a good product. As per my personal opinion, quality is somewhat comparable to Lotus.
Specially formulated with the delicate blend of extracts from 7 herbs – Aloe vera, Emblica officinalis, Eclipta alba, Terminalia chebula, Berberis aristata, Cineraria maritime, Euphrasia officinalis.
Price: Approximately Rs 100, for 3g.
What I like the most in Eyetex Kajal Supreme-Herbal:
• Presence of many herbal ingredients.
• Doesn’t smudge though it fades away after some time- lasts for 2-3 hours.
• Much easily available than the pen type kajal.
• Packaging is also better than the other kajal- in the form of cone packed in transparent lipstick style outer case; remove the upper case and twist open just like how you would use a lipstick.
• Price is reasonable-on similar lines with Himalaya, Lotus etc
What I didn’t like about Eyetex Kajal Supreme-Herbal:
• Color pay off is not that good compared to the other kajal from eyetex, gives a not so intense, matte black finish.
Will I Re-purchase: Not likely
My Rating would be 3.5 out of 5.
Eyetex Dazller Lipstick Review
Kajal Wars : VLCC vs Lotus Herbals vs Himalaya
How To Make Kajal (Kohl) for Eyes at Home
Survey Result- Top 5 Kajal (Kohl) Brands
Elle 18 Kajal, Review, Photos, Swatches