FACES COSMETIC TRAVEL KIT REVIEW
After my horrid experience with the MUA of FACES at Skywalk, Anna Nagar, Chennai I had a kind of aversion with FACES the whole brands. I mean I didn’t find anything exciting with them. 🙁
A brief about my experience with FACES, MUA. She was speaking in TAMIL! I mean there’s nothing wrong in it, but she should have known English too, I mean I don’t know, I asked her to swatch eyeshadows and she told me “ FACES from CANADA”, I was like huh..??? Being a MUA, she didn’t leave any stone unturned to horrify me, she was dusky and she had applied florescent purple eyeshadow her self, with a horrendous dark Maroon lipstick, I somehow like pleasant looking MUA’s :P. I have no issues with that too; my problem was if the company needs to sell its products it must hire a good staff who knows Basic English. Moreover all their products were dusty. 🙁 I mean Skywalk is supposedly one of the best malls in Anna Nagar, and this?? No wonder their counter was empty. 🙁
Anyways, coming back to my kit. I was looking for an affordable make up brushes kit, something that is handy and doesn’t occupy a lot of space in my vanity or handbag. I think I found it with this set.
The main reason for picking this kit was the packing. It has this hard plastic box which contains the brushes. I hate my brush hair getting withered and scattered. Yikesss!!
Price of the kit: Rs 195 only
What does the Kit contain?
So the FACES COSMETIC TRAVEL KIT contains all the 5 most essential brushes.
1: Blush brush
2: Angled eye shadow brush
3: Eyeliner brush
4: Eyeshadow brush
5: Sponge eyeshadow applicator
They are so neatly packed. 🙂
The whole pack comes in a neat plastic cover and the brushes are embedded in a hard plastic case with brush holders. The eyeliner brush and the blush brush has separate covers for their hair.
I totally love the hard plastic case. <3
The company states “Our designer brushes are a true investment. This brush collection is composed of all real hair, making these brushes last anywhere from 5-10 years with proper care and maintenance. Our brushes provide even distribution and blend makeup professionally.”
The blush brush:
- It’s made from goat hair.
- It’s thick, and packs blush aptly. Can be used for bronzers and pigments too.
- Extremely or ultra soft and proffers a great application.
- The brush hairs are even.
The Angled eye shadow brush:
- The brush hairs are slightly harder as compared to the other brushes.
- But it was a bit unevenly cut. 🙁
- Does its job satisfactorily.
The Eyeliner brush:
- I loved this one, after the blush brush.
- It’s made from Sable hair.
- It’s totally professional, I mean it doesn’t separate the eyeliner or lets it to get out of shape. It’s stiff.
- It has a hard plastic cover for its hair..Yeyyy.. ( I suddenly realized that I love hard plastic :P)
The eyeshadow brush:
- It’s again made from Sable hair.
- Blends well, specially the contour colors.
- I found it cute too. 😛
The sponge eyeshadow applicator:
- When I saw it, I just prayed that I wish it will last for few months.
- I tried to pull it, but it’s still there. So it’s kinda strong and sturdy. 😛
- Sponge so obviously soft.
Why I like it?
- Does its job
- Not to forget the plastic case. 😛
Things I hated about it:
• I wish the sponge applicator wasn’t there; instead they could give us a nice brush foundation brush.
My take on the product:
I would recommend it, for all the learners and make up newbies. You can certainly experiment with it.
I would also recommend it to the other ladies, who are in a look for a compact brush set.
My rating: 4/5
1 point deducted for the sponge applicator and uneven angled brush. 🙁
For more details please click: http://facescosmetics.in/