WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
FACES COSMETIC TRAVEL KIT REVIEW
After my horrid experience with the MUA of FACES at Skywalk, Anna Nagar, Chennai I had a kind of aversion with FACES the whole brands. I mean I didn’t find anything exciting with them. 🙁
A brief about my experience with FACES, MUA. She was speaking in TAMIL! I mean there’s nothing wrong in it, but she should have known English too, I mean I don’t know, I asked her to swatch eyeshadows and she told me “ FACES from CANADA”, I was like huh..??? Being a MUA, she didn’t leave any stone unturned to horrify me, she was dusky and she had applied florescent purple eyeshadow her self, with a horrendous dark Maroon lipstick, I somehow like pleasant looking MUA’s :P. I have no issues with that too; my problem was if the company needs to sell its products it must hire a good staff who knows Basic English. Moreover all their products were dusty. 🙁 I mean Skywalk is supposedly one of the best malls in Anna Nagar, and this?? No wonder their counter was empty. 🙁
Anyways, coming back to my kit. I was looking for an affordable make up brushes kit, something that is handy and doesn’t occupy a lot of space in my vanity or handbag. I think I found it with this set.
The main reason for picking this kit was the packing. It has this hard plastic box which contains the brushes. I hate my brush hair getting withered and scattered. Yikesss!!
Price of the kit: Rs 195 only
What does the Kit contain?
So the FACES COSMETIC TRAVEL KIT contains all the 5 most essential brushes.
1: Blush brush
2: Angled eye shadow brush
3: Eyeliner brush
4: Eyeshadow brush
5: Sponge eyeshadow applicator
They are so neatly packed. 🙂
The whole pack comes in a neat plastic cover and the brushes are embedded in a hard plastic case with brush holders. The eyeliner brush and the blush brush has separate covers for their hair.
I totally love the hard plastic case. <3
The company states “Our designer brushes are a true investment. This brush collection is composed of all real hair, making these brushes last anywhere from 5-10 years with proper care and maintenance. Our brushes provide even distribution and blend makeup professionally.”
The blush brush:
- It’s made from goat hair.
- It’s thick, and packs blush aptly. Can be used for bronzers and pigments too.
- Extremely or ultra soft and proffers a great application.
- The brush hairs are even.
The Angled eye shadow brush:
- The brush hairs are slightly harder as compared to the other brushes.
- But it was a bit unevenly cut. 🙁
- Does its job satisfactorily.
The Eyeliner brush:
- I loved this one, after the blush brush.
- It’s made from Sable hair.
- It’s totally professional, I mean it doesn’t separate the eyeliner or lets it to get out of shape. It’s stiff.
- It has a hard plastic cover for its hair..Yeyyy.. ( I suddenly realized that I love hard plastic :P)
The eyeshadow brush:
- It’s again made from Sable hair.
- Blends well, specially the contour colors.
- I found it cute too. 😛
The sponge eyeshadow applicator:
- When I saw it, I just prayed that I wish it will last for few months.
- I tried to pull it, but it’s still there. So it’s kinda strong and sturdy. 😛
- Sponge so obviously soft.
Why I like it?
- Does its job
- Not to forget the plastic case. 😛
Things I hated about it:
• I wish the sponge applicator wasn’t there; instead they could give us a nice brush foundation brush.
My take on the product:
I would recommend it, for all the learners and make up newbies. You can certainly experiment with it.
I would also recommend it to the other ladies, who are in a look for a compact brush set.
My rating: 4/5
1 point deducted for the sponge applicator and uneven angled brush. 🙁
For more details please click: http://facescosmetics.in/