Product Purchased by IMBB
Hi lovely IMBBians,
How are you? It’s rainy season and I needed to add a few bright colors in my monsoon must-haves. This time, I thought to try nail paints from Faces. I chose a few shades from Faces Splash collection. Let’s see what I have chosen to have a splash of colors.
Shades: Left to right
Faces Splash Purple Rain 19
Faces Splash Do the Tango 55
Faces Splash Sunny Side Up 51
Faces Splash Cherry Blast 50
Faces Splash Nautical Girl 53
Price: Rs. 109 for 8ml each
My Experience with Faces Splash Nail Paints:
This is the first time I am trying nail paints from Faces. Faces Splash Nail Paints come in a square shaped bottle with standard black cap. The brush is small but still manages to give an even stroke of nail paint. The small size of this Splash collection attracted me and it has some really bright colors and a varied range to suit every skin tone. It claims to be free of TOLUENE & DBP, Camphor, and Formaldehyde. The shades I have chosen are: Purple Rain 19, Do the Tango 55, Sunny Side Up 51, Cherry Blast 50 and Nautical Girl 53.
Now, let’s talk about the shades individually.
1. Purple Rain 19: As the name suggests, this shade is a bright purple color. It is more on the pink side but I am ok with this. The only thing that irks me is that it requires at least 3 coats of the nail paint to show up the actual color.
2. Do the Tango 55: This is my favorite one from the lot. It’s a bright orange color. It brightens up my hands and doesn’t look over the top. This shade gives nice color pay off in just two coats.
3. Sunny Side Up 51: I chose a yellow shade just to try something new. I am a little disappointed with this particular shade as the color doesn’t show up even after applying 3 coats. Also, it leaves a yellow stain behind after removing.
4. Cherry Blast 50: Ok. I thought that this one would be more of cherry red but it is pinkish cherry shade. Well, I was not disappointed as it is nicely pigmented and looks good even on my tanned hands.
5. Nautical Girl 53: This is such a unique light sea blue color. It urges me to go for a beach holiday. It gives somewhat a matte effect and gives good color pay off in one stroke. Still, I applied two coats for a nice bright color.
Staying Power: These shades last for around 5-6 days and look nice on nails for long. But if you work a lot, then it starts to chip from the edges. Otherwise, it survives good and the shades are easy to remove without leaving any stains behind.
Pros of Faces Splash Nail Paints:
• Free of TOLUENE & DBP, Camphor, and Formaldehyde
• Affordable and easily available
• Give gel nail paint like finish
• Have some really nice range of colors
• Stay for long
• Value for money
Cons of Faces Splash Nail Paints:
• Not all the shades are well pigmented
• Require more coats
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Faces Splash Nail Paints?
Yes, I would recommend Faces splash Collection Nail Paints. I will repurchase some of the other shades as well. You can skip a few light shades though, as they are not worth it.
5 Faces Canada Nail Polishes – Magnetix and Ultime Pro
Faces Glam On Perfect Cinnamon Blush
Faces Ultime Pro Bronzing Powder
Faces Canada Cocktail Peach Perfect Blush
Lotus Herbals Pure Colors Orange Splash Lipstick
LA Splash Cosmetics Poison Apple Lip Couture Liquid Lipstick
L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Le Vernis L’huile Nail Paints
Innisfree Nail Paints 9, 187 and Top Coat