Wrinkles are a part and parcel of the ageing process and laugh lines are often considered as a symbol that you are leading a happy life! But not everyone likes the appearance of creases and lines on their face, and it does not help that these lines appear prematurely due to chronic stress, wrong dietary habits, and of course lifestyle changes. Laugh lines tend to extend from the corners of the nose to the ends of mouth. If laugh lines are giving you sleepless nights, and botox, fillers, and non-surgical treatments are not feasible options for you, here are some amazing ways to get rid of laugh lines around the mouth area.
8 Tips To Get Rid of Frown and Laugh Lines:
1. Nowadays, everyone is promoting retinol as a star ingredient to fight signs of ageing. And it’s an effective ingredient to get rid of laugh lines too by boosting collagen production. Retinol is vitamin A derivative that acts directly on the DNA in skin cells. It’s a potent anti-ageing agent which reduces wrinkles and fine lines as well. It also increases cell turnover and with regular use of retinol, skin remains luminous, radiant, and firm as well. Our suggestion would be to start looking for skincare products with retinol in them, especially face serums and night creams.
2. Just like retinol, there’s another ingredient that boosts collagen production and helps to fade away dark spots and other signs of ageing such as laugh lines and wrinkles – it’s vitamin C. If you find store-bought vitamin C serums expensive, here’s a recipe on “How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home” within a budget of 200 INR!
3. Lactic acid has multiple benefits on the skin – it exfoliates, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves the appearance of bumpy and textured skin, also reduces breakouts. Milk and yogurt are natural sources of lactic acid with which you can make homemade face packs. Here’s a lactic acid based Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour Face Pack that removes tan as well.
4. Make a face pack of banana and honey to tighten the skin. This homemade face pack will also make your skin to glow.
5. Make a face pack by adding a pinch of turmeric to a spoonful of sugarcane juice and apply this paste on skin, keep for 20 minutes and rinse away. The high amount of phytonutrients, flavonoids, and antioxidants from sugarcane work on the signs of ageing like hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and fine lines. Turmeric also has antioxidants which counter the harmful effects of free radicals that damage skin cells and cause fine lines to appear.
6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water to hydrate and keep skin supple.
7. Do not compromise on beauty sleep because when you sleep for 7 hours or more, the body replenishes collagen and the improved blood circulation gives the skin a plump appearance.
8. Above all, never step outside without applying a good-quality sunscreen, not lower than SPF 30 and with broad spectrum protection. Continuous exposure to harmful sun rays accelerates premature ageing of skin, and a good sunscreen should be absolutely there in your anti-ageing kit. Take your pick from this list of “10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India.”
Also, these exercises will help you to get rid of wrinkles, lines and sagging skin.
1. Place your fingertips over your laugh lines and apply firm pressure. Smile as widely as you can with your lips separated. Hold this position for about five seconds and then relax. Try to do 30 repetitions. Smiling under resistance will strengthen the cheek muscles and minimizing the laugh lines around your mouth.
2. Pucker your lips and try to lift them upward toward the tip of your nose. Hold this position for about five seconds and then release. Repeat it 5 to 10 times several times a day for toned mouth muscles.
3. Pucker both your cheeks together and form a pout-like face. This will create a hallow effect on the cheeks and with time, it will reduce the roundness of the cheeks and reduce laugh lines with time.
4. Pull both the upper and lower lips inward and hold them tight. Blow the air inside your mouth and hold it for some time. Repeat this exercise in a set of 5.
5. Smile as wide as possible. This will create a sculpted and tighter look on your cheeks. Also, with time your facial area will get toned and laugh lines will also diminish.
6. Try to do some neck rotations. Twist your head in the clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. This will tone your neck and will also tone down your cheeks too. This will create the illusion of shadow on your cheeks.
7. Raise your head toward the ceiling. Now, try to pout with your head high. This will make the cheeks toned and sculpted at the same time. And with time, your laugh lines will also reduce.
Also, eat a balanced diet and drink a lot of water daily. Use an alpha hydroxy acid-based exfoliating scrub around your mouth to gently exfoliate skin and make fine lines less noticeable. With these tips and exercises, you will see that the laugh lines will diminish and reduce in no time.