Hi IMBB Beauties,
First of all, I want to give thanks to Pragati and her article Waxing Vs Shaving and I am really so much impressed. I am 27 years old and have never used razor in my life. For hair removal till last week, I was totally depending on parlors whether it was hands/legs/underarms waxing. I have heard so many side effects of razor, so could not dare to use it. Usually, earlier, I would have had to make a special plan to go to the parlor for waxing, but if I missed it on a Sunday (being a working woman), then the whole week, I would have had to avoid mega sleeves or sleeve-less dresses because my underarms were not waxed. But after reading the review, I decided to buy a razor and start on with the shaving system.
Last Sunday, me and my husband had gone for the monthly grocery shopping. I had already made up my mind to buy a razor (especially made for woman). As I have never bought any razors, my husband helped me to pick up the right one. I bought this Tri-Flex Shaving System. This is a USA brand and imported, assembled and packed in India. I bought it from Carrefour wholesale mall in East Delhi at a great discount. Here’s the review:
Rs. 199 (I got it from the wholesale mall at Rs. 137 only).
Best within 5 years from the date packed.
Glide Tri-Flex shaving system has been specially designed for woman. The non-slip handle ensures firm control, while the three blades ensure a close shave giving a smooth silky finish.
Direction To Use:
- Remove the protective cover from razor head.
- Centre razor over new cartridge with the word “up” on the dispenser facing upwards.
- Snap razor mechanism into back of cartridge. The cartridge would now be attached to the razor handle.
- Rocks handle forward and pull cartridge and handle from the dispenser.
- Always clean razor under cold running water and gently shake dry.
- To change cartridge place head in empty cavity in dispenser, push in locking mechanism on handle and remove handle.
My Take on Glide Tri-Flex Shaving System:
I have used the razor while shaving exactly as per the directions given on the packet. The razor is of a cute purple color. Just press the two side buttons with your thumb and index finger and fit in the cartridge. Use the same procedure to remove the cartridge. I used Lux body wash before shaving. The shaving will not take as much time as waxing, but my advice is not to do the shaving in a hurry to avoid problems like nicks and ingrown hairs. The razor glides over the skin and removes the hair in one go. The triple blade formula gives a close shave. You will get a hairless and smooth skin due to the lubricating strip with aloe vera and vitamin E formula. I am so impressed with the glide shaving razor. I got a complete shave without using the razor opposite to hair growth. After shaving, I poured one cap of Dettol liquid in a mug of water and washed the shaved area. Then, I used moisturizer to keep the area free from dryness. So, from now on, no worry, no hurry. At any time, I can wear any type of dress without going to the parlor.
Pros of Glide Tri-Flex Shaving System:
- Attractive, comfortable and modern handle for firm grip and control.
- Very affordable.
- Triple blade for maximum close shave.
- Lubricating strip with aloe vera and vitamin E to help the razor glide over the skin.
- Safe and travel friendly.
- Comes with two catridges.
- One can have multiple shaves with one blade, but please keep it dry and clean.
Cons of Glide Tri-Flex Shaving System:
- Availability may be an issue.
- Due to the handle size, will need some space to keep it.
I could not find any other con as this is my first razor.
Would I Repurchase Glide Tri-Flex Shaving System?
Hmmm, it’s really a good razor, but now, I am confident about using a razor, so will explore some new brands.
Would I Recommend Glide Tri-Flex Shaving System?
Sure I will recommend it to women who are using a razor or want to give the shaving method a try.
Waxing Vs Shaving
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
How To Use an Epilator
10 Tips for Using An Epilator
Remedies For Bumps After Waxing
How To Reduce Pain During Waxing
Shaving for Hair Removal
Braun Silk Epil 5 – 5395 Epilator