How To Use an Epilator
For most of the women, removing unwanted body hair is a nightmare. Indeed waxing is a viable option, but you are absolutely justified if you just do not want to go for waxing considering all the pain it entails! In that case, what would you do? Waxing is painful, hair removing creams are believed to leave dark patches in the long run and laser treatments are quite expensive! Then, what is the option left? Well, you need not worry about leaving your body hairs for public display since you can always go for an epilator. In this article, I would like to tell you how to use an epilator for getting rid of unwanted hair.
What is an Epilator?
It is an electronic device which is used for removing hair. Hair is pinched out of the roots and the result is smooth skin for several weeks! Since hair is done away with in the “root-level,” it takes quite sometime to be visible on the surface again. However, if you do not know how to use an epilator properly, you can end up getting far from satisfactory results. There is a section in which instructions are given in how you need to use an epilator; look for the section once you buy one. These instructions need to be followed carefully. But still, you require some general tips and hence, read on to know how you can use an epilator in the right way.
How to Use an Epilator:
If you are using an epilator for the first time, make sure that you try it out on an area which is not very sensitive and has sparse hair growth (this is akin to the patch test you do before using a hair-removing cream). You need to make sure that the epilator suits your skin type and it gets used to the sensation an epilator produces. Once you are used to it, here is how you go about using it:
- Take a hot bath in trepid water to open up the skin pores and remove any oil. Dry your skin with a towel since epilator does not function properly on wet skin and then, start off with your epilator.
- Hold the skin stretched tight with the hand which you do not mean to use for holding the epilator.
- The epilator should be turned on. If you are a novice, set the speed at the lowest level and the head of epilator should now be moved slowly along your skin.
- Do not exert unnecessary pressure but make sure the epilator is in touch with your skin. Depending upon the directions given, either move the epilator head in tiny circles or simply pass it along your skin surface.
- After it is done, use a good quality toner and then a mild body lotion should be applied.
How To Use an Epilator: Tips and Warnings
- Move the epilator in the direction of hair growth.
- It is best done before you go to bed since the irritation and bumps produced would be soothed and healed while you sleep.
- With time, your skin gets used to the way an epilator works, and you would have less irritation over time.
- After a day or two of using an epilator, the treated area should be exfoliated in order to prevent ingrown hair. You can use a body scrub or a loofah for the purpose.
- Never forget to clean the epilator after every use.
If you find that the use of epilator is causing too much of irritation, red bumps and rashes, perhaps your hair is too coarse and thick; try to find another alternative since the epilator is not suiting you. However, this is an extreme case and chances are that epilator would not turn out to be so problematic.
Bikini-Line Hair Removal Tips
Nair Facial Hair Removal Cream
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
Veet Suprem’ Essence Hair Removal Cream
Shaving for Hair Removal
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips: Strawberry
VI John Hair Removal Cream – Lime
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Temporary Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Strip It Hair Removal Sugaring Wax
Facial Hair Removal Methods: Which One is Best For You?
Hip Hop Skin Care Facial Wax Strips
Philips Satinelle Epilator Hp6400
Anne French Creme Hair Remover- Aloe Vera