I know how to wash my hair. I have been doing it since ages. This is what you will probably say after reading this headline. Well, I know that you take very good care of your hair.
We all are well aware of the harmful chemicals present in shampoos. We can hate them but just can not avoid them. I mean who has time for washing hair with curd every fortnight. Once in a while it’s ok but not every time. So we are left with no other option but to use shampoos.
We can’t blame only shampoos for damaging our hair. Wrong washing practices are equally at fault. Given below are few tips that will help you to lessen the hair damage caused while washing.
Hair washing tips:
• It is very important to saturate your hair with water. Never apply shampoo on half wet and half dry hair. Use lukewarm water to do so. Oil and dirt are easily dissolved in lukewarm water than cold water.
• Do not apply more shampoo than you actually need. Extra shampoo (no matter how mild it is) will strip your hair off natural oils. About 1 tbsp is enough for long hair. For shorter hair, obviously less than that is required. You must always choose a shampoo according to your hair type:
1. Dry hair: People with dry hair types must use a moisturizing shampoo. They must avoid products which contain alcohol in them.
2. Oily hair: Use some mild clarifying shampoos. Do not be fooled to use a harsh shampoo as it will strip natural oils from your scalp. Look for shampoos that contain panthenol.
• Gently massage your scalp with the shampoo. It will loosen the dead skin cells that often cause dandruff.
• Rinse well. Spend enough time to take shampoo out from the hair.
• Gently squeeze the extra water out of your hair.
• Now apply conditioner. Do not apply it on your scalp. Focus more on the dry ends. Put a shower cap on your hair and leave if for atleast 5 minutes. It will enable the conditioner to seep in completely.
• Rinse the hair thoroughly with cold water. Cold water will close the cuticle and make your hair shine.
• Squeeze out the excess water from your hair.
• Wrap your hair in a towel. Do not rub the towel, as it may hold fibers damaging your hair.
• Let your hair air-dry. Try and avoid using a blow dryer as much as you can.
Which is your favourite shampoo?
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care 1: Structure of Hair
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care: The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women