I secretly and openly wish that I was taller than everyone around. Well, I am only 5’2″; he he actually I am only 5’1″, I just like to believe that I am an inch taller 😛 Research has shown that girls grow in height only up to 18 years of age and boys can grow up to 21 years, but in some cases, one can grow in height up to 25 years. A person’s height is primarily decided by his/her genes, but a lot of other factors can influence one’s growth. Some factors can aid and help with height increase while others can stunt one’s growth. Don’t rely and trust on pills and medicines that are advertised on TV because those come with side effects, increase your height the natural way. Want to know how, read on:
1. Calcium-rich diet: Calcium deficiency can stunt one’s growth. It is important to include calcium-rich food in your diet to aid in bone growth and strength. Some calcium-rich foods are milk, cheese, yogurt, leafy green vegetables, and grains.
2. Adequate Sleep: The pituitary gland in our body secretes the growth hormone “HGH” – human growth hormone. As you all know, our body and its organs regenerate, repair, and recharge itself while we are fast asleep. For the normal functioning of the pituitary gland, along with other factors, good sleep is also necessary. So, get at least 7 to 10 hours of sleep if you can.
3. Stretching Exercises: Stretching exercises can help you in increasing height and it’s not a myth. Regular stretching exercises will show results definitely. See this chart for more details.
4. Cycling: It’s no secret – regular cycling can stretch your leg muscle and bones. Nothing works better than cycling to increase height. Here’s a tip – ride a cycle with raised seat because that will stretch and lengthen your leg muscles, calf muscles, and will give the shin bone more area to grow freely.
5. Yoga Postures: Yoga is an awesome exercise. It has a solution for every bodily problem. Certain yogasanas can stretch your spine and legs, improve your posture, and also help in improving the function of pituitary gland which secretes the growth hormone. Practice multiple rounds of surya namaskars along with bhujangasana, uttanasana, to add more inches to your height.
6. Drink lots of water: Water is important for the proper functioning of all organs including pituitary gland and also flush out toxins which interfere with the normal functioning of body. As always, would like to mention that drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
7. Balanced diet: Eat a balanced diet to ensure that your body is not deficient of any growth-related nutrient or vitamin. Eat a diet rich in proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, zinc, and calcium so that your growth is not stunted due to lack of vitamins and minerals.
8. Vitamin D: The best source of vitamin D is sunlight. All the calcium that you are having in the form of milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, etc., will go waste if you do not add it up with a regular dose of vitamin D. The easy and probably the only way to get a healthy dose is through sun. Go out and enjoy the sun when it’s not too harsh and of course, do not forget the sunscreen!
9. Hanging on a rod: Have heard a lot of about it, hanging on a rod would stretch out your muscles and tissues so that you would gain a few extra inches. If you think this point is just a myth – here’s one more for you – avoid alcohol, tobacco, steroids, and caffeine. These can severely effect your hormones and stunt your growth.
10. Correct Posture: Wrong posture can make you look shorter than you actually are. Improve your posture to get rid of back, neck problems and also to look taller.
How to increase your height
How to Increase Height: Ask MissFit
Towering Beauties of Bollywood
Lighten your Skin Tone Naturally
Johnson’s Body Care Naturally White Daily UV Lotion
How To Get Bigger Lips Naturally
23 Tips to Lighten Dark Lips Naturally
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally