Maintaining healthy hair is a chore in itself – a lot of love, care and nurturing is required to have healthy long hair. Hair fall is a common problem all of us girls face and I am pretty sure everyone would be keen to know a few tips that could prevent their precious hair from falling out. Follow these tips and I am sure they will make a noticeable difference to your hair.
1. Eat Right: I have always maintained this, we are what we eat. Eating right is a key essential in keeping our hair healthy. Deficiency of minerals, vitamins, iron and protein induces severe hair fall. Including iron in your diet will promote hair growth and reduce hair loss, eat food rich in iron such as beetroot and spinach to see definite results. Do include Vitamin C as well as protein in your diet. Since our hair is essentially made of keratin, food like tofu, soya bean, pumpkin seeds and watermelon seeds are great sources of protein. Moreover, the market has sufficient oral supplements providing the necessary nutrients for our body, so if all else fails, purchase these supplements to reduce hair fall and for a more luscious-looking mane.
2. Use a wide toothed comb: Avoid using a fine toothed comb to detangle your hair. A fine toothed comb will result in hair breakage, which creates more hair fall.
3. Avoid combing your hair when wet: This is a must, that everyone should follow. Hair when wet is more vulnerable to breakage and falls out more easily since the hair follicles are relatively weak at the roots when wet. Combing hair when wet will only pull your hair and increase hair fall. You can prevent hair fall by combing your hair before you step into the shower or comb them when dry or semi-dry.
4. Don’t expose hair to excessive heat: Exposing hair to excessive heat is another factor that should be addressed to prevent hair fall. Making use of hot tools on the hair can damage hair and the keratin in our hair, which results in excessive hair fall. Try embracing your natural hair rather than using styling products to prevent hair loss.
5. Avoid tying your hair too tight: I know those days when we can not leave our hair loose, and want to tie a top knot and forget all about it. But by doing so, you and I both are abusing our hair and making it weak from the roots. Avoid tying your hair in high tight pony tails and top knots. Yes, they might look massively good or prevent us from getting distracted, but your are calling for major hair loss. Instead of tying your hair, try making loose braids or make use of clips to keep the hair away from your face.
6. Hot Oil Massage: Oil as we all know has been used over the years by our grandmothers and our mothers to retain the shine in our hair. And massage on the other hand is a lovely way to increase blood circulation to our scalp, this will help reduce hair fall and promote hair growth on our head. So choose your favourite oil – olive, almond, jojoba or sesame and start massaging.
7. Sulphate free shampoo: Cleansing your hair is the most important task to keep your scalp free from dirt and plausible infections. Making use of the right cleanser is another key detail that needs to be considered. Sulphates and parabens are ingredients that are hazardous chemicals and can damage hair and hair roots. Avoiding these chemicals in your shampoos, will prevent damage to your hair, which is a must to reduce and prevent hair fall.
Do address these factors as you go about your daily life to achieve healthier and fuller-looking hair and reduce hair fall drastically. If you still experience hair fall, consult your doctor to analyse if you are anemic or have a genetic issue that needs extra care. Till then, stay stress free and pamper those locks!
Home Remedies For Hair Loss
How to Stop Hair Loss
Hibiscus Hair Mask for Hairfall: DIY
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
Top 15 Foods To Prevent Hair Fall
Best Anti-Hair Fall Shampoos and Treatment Products Available in India
How to Stop Hair Loss due to PCOS