When skin starts aging, the elastin and the collagen present in the tissues begin to breakdown. And that is when you can see your skin losing its firmness. It is said that the face is the mirror of the mind; so, a drooping face might mean a wilting mind! With quite a few options available for you, there is no reason for you to worry. Here is an article for you to known about how to tighten your facial skin.
Treatments To Tighten Facial Skin
1. Non-Surgical Treatments: Non-surgical means are quite affordable as well as popular among every section of women (and men too). There are a variety of cosmetic creams, serums, firming gels and lotions that promise to work wonders. There are natural products as well as synthetic products available in the market. Collagen production is boosted by the active ingredients of these products. As a result, your face stops to sag and elasticity is restored. Facial products containing tea-extracts, kinetin and retinol or even products containing Phytessence Wakame, Nano Lipobelle HEQ10 and Cynergy TK are known to help you get a tighter skin. Going for exercises and bringing in changes in lifestyle also form an aspect of non-surgical treatments to tighten facial skin.
2. Surgical Treatments: If you find non-surgical treatments inadequate, you can always visit cosmetic surgeons and opt for a proper surgical way to tighten your facial skin. You can go for a full-face lift in which your facial skin is surgically lifted and pulled. It might take as much as six long weeks to recover completely but here is where you get the best results. A thread lift is yet another option in this regard in which, threads are inserted into the affected parts of skin. Go to a reputed surgeon for your face-lifts and not to an inexperienced one.
3. Laser And Botox: Both these treatments are the middle options (between surgical and non-surgical treatments) available to you. In case of laser therapy, laser is used to tighten your facial skin. Here of course, the sagging is reduced and not completely done away with. In case of Botox, Botulinum toxin is injected along with other fillers to plump up your face. As a result, sagging is not much noticeable. But, you must remember that botox can have side-effects and you should always go to an experienced and licensed practitioner.
Exercises To Tighten Facial Skin
Exercises help to grow and strengthen the muscles below your skin. While you exercise, your facial movement ensures better flow of blood and oxygen. As a result, your skin grows firmer and tighter so long as it is attached to the muscle tissues beneath. Your skin looks younger. But you need to be regular with your regimen and the exercises need to be performed on a daily basis. Try to do facial exercises for ten minutes before bedtime every day. Here are a few easy facial exercises that can help to tighten your skin:
• Open your mouth wide. Stick your tongue out. Stretch your facial muscles. Clasp your hands. Breathe out through your nose slowly and now, open your palms steadily.
• Hold a smiling face for about three seconds and do not bat your eyelids. Repeat.
• Blow your cheeks full of air and stretch the cheek muscles. Now, move the air from one cheek to another. Keep repeating till you need to take fresh breath. This practice helps to tighten your facial muscles.
• To diminish the vertical lines near your eyes, the skin between your brows (above your nose) needs to be pulled up. Push your eyebrow muscles down and keep this posture for about ten seconds. Repeat the exercise three times.
• Place your ring finger and middle finger on the corners (outer) of your eyes. Pull the eyes downwards and at the same time, try to raise your eyebrows. This process needs to be repeated ten times.
Home Remedies To Tighten Facial Skin
Aging is a natural process and natural remedies are not very effective once the process has set in. Try to start early with the following natural remedies to postpone sagging face and maintain firm skin while elasticity is still there.
• Apply egg white directly on your face. Wait for thirty minutes. Rinse. Follow with the application of honey. Wait for fifteen minutes. Wash it off. Egg and honey are known to make skin smooth and tighten it.
• Apply a face pack of yoghurt and lime to tighten skin naturally.
• Use tomato juice or cucumber juice as astringents.
• Massage your face with fresh juice of aloe vera.