Why Facial exercises would help in getting rid of wrinkles?
We all hate wrinkles, but no matter how much we worry we will age. The only thing we can do is age gracefully by indulging in a healthy lifestyle. Facial exercises help in smoothing and strengthening our facial muscles. Also, there it helps to increase blood circulation which leads to smooth and firm facial muscles. The results being, our features are well defined and firm.
The exercises are build to contract and apply resistance at specific areas, targeting the facial muscles. An increased muscle size is required for lifting the facial muscles, the exercises would also help in increasing the blood flow. Facial exercises also help in increasing the production of collagen and elastin.
Let us try and focus on specific areas. To start with
1. First of all stop frowning. I have seen many people while at work or even while watching television, they tend to frown. Please stop doing that, as it leads to those horrible wrinkles on your beautiful face.
2. Lie back on your bed, letting your head to hang from the edge. Open your eyes as wide as possible along with lifting your eye brows. Relax and repeat for 5 times.
3. Place two fingers just above the eyebrows. Pull the skin down with your fingers, making sure that there is not wrinkles between the eyes. Raise the eyebrows while pressing down with the fingers, opposing to the movement. Repeat thirty times, then relax and repeat twice more. (source:
1. Sit in a relaxed fashion. Close your eyes. While keeping your eyes closed, move your eye ball in upward and downward direction. Do this for a count of ten. Relax. Repeat for ten times.
2. Gently tone the muscles of the eyes by pressing two fingers on each side of your head, at the temples, while opening and closing your eyes rapidly. Repeat 5 times.
(these exercises will help in lifting and firming your cheeks)
1. Sit upright with lips closed yet relaxed. Pucker and pout your lips using your cheek muscles. Keep your lips puckered for a count of 10 and then relax. Repeat the exercise for 10 times.
2. Sit upright and smile in a relaxed manner with your lips closed. Now suck your cheeks towards and on your teeth. Stay in this position for a count of 10. Relax. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
3. Sit upright and place your three centre fingers on the cheeks. While pulling them down , oppose the same by smiling hard( i.e raise your cheeks). Do keep in mind to keep your head back while exercising.
4. Keep your mouth closed. Fill it with air. Move it under your upper lip, hold for some time, now to your right cheek, hold then left cheek followed by lower lip. Blow out the air. Repeat for ten times.
1. Sit upright and purse your lips. Now move them towards your nose as far as possible. Hold the same position for a count of 5. Relax and repeat the same for 10 times.
2. Sit upright and bring your lips together and give a big smile. Be in the same position for a count of 5. Relax. Now bring your lips together like we do when we kiss(pointed kiss). Hold the position for a count of 5. Repeat the whole exercise for 10 times.
1. With your mouth open, try to pronounce the vowels, from “A” to “U” without closing your mouth at any moment. Repeat ten times.
2. Relax your shoulders and look forward. Turn your head towards right direction, while keeping your shoulders still. Stay in the same position for a count of 5. Repeat the same for opposite direction. This exercise would stretch the skin over your collar bone.