Kailas Jeevan Multipurpose Ayurvedic Cream
After reading Shivani’s post on Vicco Turmeric Skin cream, I felt that I have to do a review of the Multipurpose Ayurvedic Cream – Kailas Jeevan.
First a very brief intro about the company. The company Ayurveda Sumshodhalaya (Asum) was set up almost 50 years back in Pune. The company brings out effective ayurvedic products at an affordable price. It has not been marketed as well as the other Ayurvedic products out there, I feel. However once you have used their products you will vouch for their effectiveness.
I had used the Kailas Jeevan cream a few years back for skin irritations. Problem solved and I forgot about the cream. But I picked it up again in Hyderabad a few months back.
Here is what the cream can be used for –
– Pyorrhea Pyrexia
– Prickly heat
– Tired Eyes
– Muscular Pain
– Insect bite
– Skin care
– Cuts & wounds
I do not know how well it will work for all the symptoms mentioned in the list above, but it has worked well for me in cases of pimples, for relaxing tired eyes, for relieving itching sensation, for cuts and wounds and for general skin care.
Another thing about this cream is that is both for internal and external use. You can consume it too – the taste is not palatable though. Has a bitter taste 🙂 How do I know? Because I used it once internally for toothache.Had to gargle so many times to get rid of the taste. So I will not be eating it ever again 🙂
The cream has a mild smell of Camphor (kapoor) and I like that. The texture of the cream is smooth but it seems to have a lot of water content. Because you can feel the water when you apply it over your skin.
Ingredients in the cream
1. Santalum Album (Sandalwood Oil) Useful in prickly heat & skin diseases
2. AzardirachtaIndica (Neem leaves) Astringent, Useful in skin diseases, Boils & ulcers
3. CocosNucifera (Coconut Oil) Emollient, Unctuous
4.PandhariRai (Shorea Robusta)
5. BhimseniKapoor (Camphor)
Pros of Kailas Jeevan Ayurvedic Cream
1. The most important major plus point is that all ingredients are natural.
2. No side effects
3. Cost effective – a 120 gm tub will last you quite long. And they have a 3 year shelf life.
Cons of Kailas Jeevan Ayurvedic Cream
1. Though it is also for internal use, the taste is just awful.
2. If it is stored improperly, it tends to harden up. i.e. if you forget to close the lid properly and if it is exposed to air then it thickens up easily.
Price- Rs 120 for 120gms (can be found in most medical stores)
Rating- 3 out of 5
Verdict- Good to have one at home as it can be used to treat so many different things.
Ayurvedic Beauty Regimen
Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil
VLCC Ayurvedic Henna for Hair
Dasanakanti Churnam Ayurvedic Tooth Powder
Ayur Herbals Multi Purpose Cream with Aloe Vera
Boroline Suthol Multipurpose Antiseptic Liquid